SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 3 July 2017, 19:59
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapnuts View Post
Anyone ever hear any interviews or read anything from John Anthony Cameron saying that he believes Edward Wayne Edwards is the man who killed Halbach? Pretty interesting theory if you have time to research. Cameron is a cold case detective from Montana and interviewed Edwards while he was incarcerated. Edwards would frame people for murders, which apparently has been proven. Cameron is also certain that Edwards was the Zodiac Killer. While it sounds outlandish at first, Cameron does make a convincing argument on both.
The one corroboration that (to me) gives some credibility to this theory is that Edward Wayne Edwards liked to visit the trials of the people he framed and there is apparently a photo that was caught of him at this trial that was later posted on Twitter. The credibility of the photo is another matter though....

ETA: Just found this online about the source of the image...

longform-original-25734-1454435453-3.png.jpg

Quote:
In Episode 6 of the series, at 12 minutes and 38 seconds, a man appears standing behind prosecutor Ken Kratz in the courthouse hallway. A man, according to John Cameron, who looks a lot like Ed Edwards. Thus far, Cameron hasn’t been able to find out who he is.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.

Last edited by HighDragLowSpeed; 3 July 2017 at 20:08.
Old 3 July 2017, 21:09

Yea the picture is definitely hard to tell if that's him, but there were other things that Cameron used to come up with his theory. The podcast I heard this on was "Tinfoil Hat" with Sam Tripoli. Tripoli is a comedian and this podcast is usually pretty ridiculous with conspiracy theory crap but this one was interesting and Cameron has a lot of good background on Edwards.

I will admit that if Cameron is even close to the truth on Edwards, this guy sounds like he is the only serial killer to have existed in the US, which makes me have a lot of doubts.
Old 5 July 2017, 21:58
I really don't care

I have never believed this whole thing was real. If I had the time I would spend the money to do some deep searching to determine if any one of these two guys are actually in an American prison somewhere. We'll probably know the truth in 2048, once no one cares, when the retard either walks out of prison, or he doesn't. But if it is a prank, it has been very well played!
Old 6 July 2017, 13:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzmedic View Post
I have never believed this whole thing was real. If I had the time I would spend the money to do some deep searching to determine if any one of these two guys are actually in an American prison somewhere. We'll probably know the truth in 2048, once no one cares, when the retard either walks out of prison, or he doesn't. But if it is a prank, it has been very well played!
Probably a good time to hit the VA up for some meds.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 6 July 2017, 15:15
Policeman Officer

Yeah that's pretty out there.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 12 July 2017, 17:21
Boot For Life

Quote:
Lol, I can guarantee that Steven Avery is in prison.
Old 13 July 2017, 15:09
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Not sure how I missed this, but please expound. I have not heard this point of view. I am genuinely interested in hearing your take and the proof you offer. Our viewing audience also incudes a few Criminalists, Latent Print Examiners, and a few Special Investigators who have chatted amongst themselves since this shitshow started.

It don't come easy.--Ringo Starr

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 23 October 2018, 22:12
Confirmed User

just watched the last of the second season of this show on Netflix. Pray to god you don't piss of the law in this county.
Old 24 October 2018, 09:21
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifemaker View Post

just watched the last of the second season of this show on Netflix. Pray to god you don't piss of the law in this county.
The way the system conspired to fuck those guys over is fucking reprehensible and the fact that they continue to do everything in their power not to correct it is even more disgusting...

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."
Old 24 October 2018, 18:58
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The way the system conspired to fuck those guys over is fucking reprehensible and the fact that they continue to do everything in their power not to correct it is even more disgusting...
I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't been shot over it by a local. I guess they are just to scared and so long as it's not them getting screwed they will just keep their head down and let them get away with it.
Old 24 October 2018, 19:09
Problem Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifemaker View Post

I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't been shot over it by a local. I guess they are just to scared and so long as it's not them getting screwed they will just keep their head down and let them get away with it.
I'll put it like this: If there was ever a case in which reasonable doubt existed, this was it.

The sad part is that the system out there will never allow Avery to walk free or Dassey to get out before 2048 because to do so would open a can of worms that the system isn't prepared to deal with.

"Oderint, dum metuant" ("Let them hate, so long as they fear") - Caligula

"Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know."

Last edited by Shadow; 24 October 2018 at 19:15.
Old 24 October 2018, 20:36
Anesthetized User

System does not even want to know about.

"And all that remains is the faces and the names of the wives and the sons and the daughters."--Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 18 December 2018, 13:32
Anesthetized User

Deputy files lawsuit for defamation.

Leaves me shaking head. Money grab.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...the-docuseries

Old 18 December 2018, 13:40
Pirate and Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Agree X1000. I watched both of these with my kids. How the legal system (Supreme Court) hasn't stepped in to fix this mess is beyond horrible.

According to the last one I saw they (SC) refused to review it.....

Stupid should be a medical diagnosis - Texan

Being smart does not guarantee success, but being stupid practically guarantees failure - GSniper

Our new posting rules