SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Book Reviews

Old 23 February 2019, 14:49
Confirmed User

Cardiac Gap

Shameless plug for a friend's book that I had the chance to read over the holidays. A book about a dystopian future/military conflict isn't necessarily something I'd normally pick off the shelf, but I enjoyed it enough to finish in three days, and interesting enough to read a sequel if Bill goes that route. Summary:

The United States in the late 2020s enters a death spiral. Economic crisis spreads in a way not seen for ninety years. The jobless line the streets. An impoverished government cuts military forces and overseas presence to the bone. The Russians smell weakness and make a bold move for Middle East oil. Against this backdrop, Cardiac Gap follows the struggle of former Special Forces operator Mark Elliot. When Silicon Valley billionaire Courtney Simons pushes a mercenary solution to the Russian challenge, senior military officers implore Mark to join that effort in hopes of guiding a good outcome. Along the way, Mark discovers dark forces at play. He feels trapped and powerless. But when Mark learns the full details of a devastating plot, he has no choice but to risk it all and join one last, desperate fight to save his country. Woven into this fast paced story, Cardiac Gap asks: What does it mean to stand together as citizens? Will we rally as a country when it matters most?

You can pick up from Amazon Prime for $8.99
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41rW7E4JQPL.jpg (26.9 KB, 62 views)

Our new posting rules