SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 July 2019, 16:22
The atomic zit

ARCHANGELRANGER,

That is the same mask I use. My mask seal reports were D- on my last fishing trip. There is definitely something to be said about washing your face and shaving.

That machine goes where I go.!
Old 7 September 2019, 12:08
Confirmed User

So lately I've developed a condition where it seems my CPAP is working fine, but I cannot sleep to save my life. I will get a few hours at night when I am totally exhausted, but after I wake up to piss in the morning, if I try to go back to sleep - as soon as I start to drift off I wake up with the sensation that I have stopped breathing. Even though my CPAP is running full blast and I have a good mask seal.

Anyone else had this problem?

-SOTB
Old 7 September 2019, 14:06
The atomic zit

I went to see the doc when I didn’t think mine was working as well as it should. She was able to adjust the pressure. It’s still set at a standard five, whatever that means but will now go up to a seven as required.

Since I registered my machine and signed up with my ai since I registered my machine and signed up with myAir, all my data is recorded. It was easy for her to see the change in data. I don’t know if this your case, however I would definitely go see a sleep doctor and see if your machine needs an adjustment.
Old 7 September 2019, 19:29
Legal Immigrant

Since surgery, I haven't touched my CPAP.

Now sleep great. 20 yrs of feeling like death in the morning, all due to a partly-blocked nostril!

Fuck you, medical "professionals".
Old 7 September 2019, 20:53
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachranerd View Post
So lately I've developed a condition where it seems my CPAP is working fine, but I cannot sleep to save my life. I will get a few hours at night when I am totally exhausted, but after I wake up to piss in the morning, if I try to go back to sleep - as soon as I start to drift off I wake up with the sensation that I have stopped breathing. Even though my CPAP is running full blast and I have a good mask seal.

Anyone else had this problem?
It happens to me if I am totally exhausted, so yes to answer your question. Last night I woke with insomnia up at 1:45 am and stayed up until 4:00am. I was really tired after a while so I went back to sleep wearing the CPAP and dreamed twice.

It isn't perfect. I am 50 so I have insomnia maybe 4-5 times per year. But when I have insomnia I wait until I can go back to sleep and the CPAP is like slumberland.

If I try I force myself to sleep I can't - but that is not very often at all.

Hope that helps.
Old 8 September 2019, 16:19
SOCNET Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
I went to see the doc when I didnít think mine was working as well as it should. She was able to adjust the pressure. Itís still set at a standard five, whatever that means but will now go up to a seven as required.

Since I registered my machine and signed up with my ai since I registered my machine and signed up with myAir, all my data is recorded. It was easy for her to see the change in data. I donít know if this your case, however I would definitely go see a sleep doctor and see if your machine needs an adjustment.
If you need to adjust it again I can PM you the way to put it in the mode where you can adjust the pressure and a lot of other things yourself so you donít have to keep having the doctor adjust it. I change my minimum and maximum pressure from time to time.
Old 9 September 2019, 06:25
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post

Now sleep great. 20 yrs of feeling like death in the morning, all due to a partly-blocked nostril!

I do not know if my sleep was improved drastically, but my breathing sure was after they re-broke my nose several years ago and rectified some of the occlusion! I about peed myself, but it did wonders for me!
Old 9 September 2019, 07:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear View Post

I had to go to an ENT for another issue so I had him start the process to get the surgery I need somewhere down the road. CPAP works great but I want to breathe normally all day long.
Old 12 September 2019, 16:10
Confirmed User

I am now using a mandibular advancement device for about six months since my CPAP, coupled with hot flashes, prohibited me from getting much sleep. I kept taking it off to recover from the hot flash, then put it back on...woke me up completely 4-5 times a night.

While it might not work for everyone, the MAD works for me and is a lot easier to tolerate. Insurance paid for half the device and it cost me $400, I think. Ask your ENT if you are a candidate for it.
Old 12 September 2019, 16:52
Confirmed User

Scheduled for testing on Oct 2nd.
Over the last 3 weeks I've suffered from just a bit of some insomnia, but even when I sleep well I struggle to stay awake in the afternoons, and I'm having to take a nap after work many days.
Today I had bloodwork
10/2 Sleep Test
If neither of those work, off to the races with testing...
Old 12 September 2019, 17:00
The atomic zit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
If you need to adjust it again I can PM you the way to put it in the mode where you can adjust the pressure and a lot of other things yourself so you donít have to keep having the doctor adjust it. I change my minimum and maximum pressure from time to time.
Thanks for the offer,Ē. I will send the PM and take the advice. My general concern is that I may not be qualified to determine how much to adjust it.

S
Old 12 September 2019, 17:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Thanks for the offer,Ē. I will send the PM and take the advice. My general concern is that I may not be qualified to determine how much to adjust it.

S
Crank it up till it blows the ass out of your shorts and then back off three clicks would be my advice.
RIP 4-79 (HG)
class 4-80
Old 16 October 2019, 10:13
Confirmed User

Tested at 28.5, which is high moderate for apnea.
In the last month I became unable to stay awake at work without a lunch time nap in the car.

After the first two nights with an auto-adjust CPAP machine....
This will take some time before I sleep well through the night, but it seems to clear the head a little.
How long before you started feeling the effects, especially cognitive effects?
Old 16 October 2019, 16:56
The atomic zit

kosty,

It’s been long enough that I don’t remember how long it took to have a positive affect. I’m guessing a week or so but I don’t know. Ultimately, in my non-professional opinion, it will take as long to be productive as it takes you personally to get used to the mask and the machine.

At this point, I am more acutely aware if I don’t wear it. I don’t remember if I commented, but I recently bought some new parts for my mask because it was slipping off in the middle of the night and I didn’t even realize it.

Good Luck,

S
Old 16 October 2019, 19:36
Been There Done That

When my headgear starts to get stretched out my mask will slip over on my face and start to leak..... That's when HH6 starts to punch me.

Our new posting rules