SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 5 October 2019, 05:29
Confirmed User

Insider trading is legal with them due to some loop hole. I cant remember the exact time frame, but Obama had an EO stopping this, then reversed it on a Friday night after midnight. Some BS to appease everyone then, changed it.
I do believe they purposely make up hysteria in the gun/ammo world and buy stock on those companys.
Old 5 October 2019, 07:24
Confirmed User

I've seen this in a couple of news outlets, I'm guessing the big one's are getting their facts together before reporting on it.

BREAKING: Nancy Pelosi’s Son Was Exec At Gas Company That Did Business In Ukraine
Paul Pelosi (Nancy's son) is reported to have been an exec on a Ukrainian gas company (w/Nancy in a promo video of said company) and visited there as recently as 2017 (to talk about soccer!) https://nationalfile.com/breaking-na...ss-in-ukraine/

Also, a compay he founded was charged with fraud back in 2014

Company Cofounded by Paul Pelosi Jr. Charged with Securities Fraud https://freebeacon.com/politics/comp...urities-fraud/

They want to open a can of worms? Open it up I say.
Old 6 October 2019, 11:05
Authorized Personnel

All this tells me is that the first whistle blowers story is falling apart as fast as Fauxahants story about being fired because she was pregnant. Call up the ready reserve ...It could just be that this is first hand knowledge and not second hand since the questions starting to rise about this actually being a whistle blower and being hearsay. Maybe they didn’t expect POTUS to release the transcripts. I wonder what we will learn.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/att...s-come-forward

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 6 October 2019, 11:36

This literally isn’t going to stop until the election. I think everyone knew this going in. I don’t even pay attention to it any more. It’s just staged drama for the plebes that still watch network news and think voting still matters anymore.
Old 13 October 2019, 13:23
Confirmed User

This is rich. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-to-fight-back

Hunter Biden steps down from the board of a Chinese-state backed equity firms and pledges to not have any foreign involvements if his daddy gets elected President to avoid any unethical entanglements...

...guess it's ok when pops is only the VP...and the administrations leading advisor on the nations that you are making money from.
Old 14 October 2019, 11:09

Nothing to see here.......
Old 23 October 2019, 13:11
Confirmed User

They should do this to every closed door hearing held by Schiff or Nadler.

Quote:
Republicans led by Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., on Wednesday essentially stormed a closed-door session connected to the impeachment investigation of President Trump, prompting House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff to suspend the proceedings in a remarkable scene.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-lawmakers-in-blasting-secret-impeachment-probe-before-attempting-to-storm-the-proceedings
Old 23 October 2019, 13:13
Confronting the Reckoning

This is feeling more and more like 1855.
Old 23 October 2019, 13:19
33,024 - R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
This is feeling more and more like 1855.
Prof, you may want to expand this for those of us not so versed in political history.
Old 23 October 2019, 13:34

The presidential election in 1856 was the last chance -- and Buchannan came in to office unable to stem the real gap that had opened up between the pro-slavery southerners, the leave-them-alone northern Democrats like Douglas, and the "I'm not an abolitionist but them southerners are arrogant trouble" proto-Republicans. Brooks' caning has already been mentioned elsewhere, and that happened in May 1856.

I'm feeling like we're at that point where most people want calm, order, and stability (and tolerance too, since Northerners were not necessarily fans of blacks but did not like slavery at all), but some arrogant punks (then, the pro-slavery southerns; now, the Progressive leftists) wanted to push the Overton window and insist on their way of living needing to be jammed down everyone else's throat. The Compromise of 1850 (we will not bring in new slave states, and there will be a fugitive slave act that allows us to impose our way of life into your state at the point of gun) was beginning to break apart, and Northerners were starting to fight back against the Fugitive Slave Act with force (arrest me, Marshals, I dare you...we don't think you can grab people here in our state and take them back to slavery; soon, make me bake the cake, focker). Historians rank Buchannan as the worst president because he could not -- did not wish to -- stop the coming divide. And then we had a presidential election after which some in some states (but not all in those states....) went full stupid. So it is feeling like we're halfway there now, with some feeling that they can respond to violence with violence, and it becoming impossible to talk any more, because one side believes itself better than the other, and the other just wanting to be left along but...is willing to steal the banner and throw it over the fence if necessary to get the arrogant fockers out of the freakin intersection so everyone else can just go to work.
Old 23 October 2019, 13:50
Find a way out

And you have media manipulation as a massive scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzTod38VS8c

TLDR, The NYT stealth edits a article that changes from "Russians" were grooming Tusli Gabbard for a third party run to "Republicans."

No one should be taking that rag seriously.

-Michael Malice
Old 23 October 2019, 14:14
33,024 - R.I.P.

Good explanation, thanks.
Old 23 October 2019, 14:17
Shakin' the bush Boss

I can sum this up quickly. There will be a lot of political "investigations". They will mostly find nothing. The first time they really, REALLY pin somebody's ears back the whole thing is going to implode. If "they" ever let us get an actual glimpse of what's going on it's going to get UGLY. It's a big spider web of bullshit.
Old 23 October 2019, 15:54

And that's what's been interesting to see in the Twitter/Quodverum world of conservative observers: an optimism that the investigations are finally going to reveal how corrupt the system has become, with full cleaning out of the
Augean Stables, combined with a quiet realization (prompted by some fears expressed by unattributed insiders as sources) that the full revelation of what has been going on could well put in front of the populace extremely damaging information that would be difficult for the country to digest and for the political system to contain.

We have been very lucky -- very lucky indeed -- that such wholesale corruption and borderline treason as was found in the early Republic has not been repeated since [such as having prominent officials in the West being in the pay of the British, the French, and the Spanish while also serving as officers of the United States government]. But we may well have entered something very ugly indeed in the post-Cold War world of globalism and international elite. I pray it is confined to financial corruption. It may well turn out to be corruption of the very worst sort, Epsteinian in its totality.
Old 23 October 2019, 15:58
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage12 View Post
The presidential election in 1856 was the last chance -- and Buchannan came in to office unable to stem the real gap that had opened up between the pro-slavery southerners, the leave-them-alone northern Democrats like Douglas, and the "I'm not an abolitionist but them southerners are arrogant trouble" proto-Republicans. Brooks' caning has already been mentioned elsewhere, and that happened in May 1856.

I'm feeling like we're at that point where most people want calm, order, and stability (and tolerance too, since Northerners were not necessarily fans of blacks but did not like slavery at all), but some arrogant punks (then, the pro-slavery southerns; now, the Progressive leftists) wanted to push the Overton window and insist on their way of living needing to be jammed down everyone else's throat. The Compromise of 1850 (we will not bring in new slave states, and there will be a fugitive slave act that allows us to impose our way of life into your state at the point of gun) was beginning to break apart, and Northerners were starting to fight back against the Fugitive Slave Act with force (arrest me, Marshals, I dare you...we don't think you can grab people here in our state and take them back to slavery; soon, make me bake the cake, focker). Historians rank Buchannan as the worst president because he could not -- did not wish to -- stop the coming divide. And then we had a presidential election after which some in some states (but not all in those states....) went full stupid. So it is feeling like we're halfway there now, with some feeling that they can respond to violence with violence, and it becoming impossible to talk any more, because one side believes itself better than the other, and the other just wanting to be left along but...is willing to steal the banner and throw it over the fence if necessary to get the arrogant fockers out of the freakin intersection so everyone else can just go to work.
Thanks.

Do you use the term Arrogant fockers in your class or publications?

Good history lesson!
Old 23 October 2019, 18:30
Did...did I do that?

Wasn't that room a temporary SCIF? Fox doesn't mention it, but a couple of other outlets have when pointing out that people were tweeting from within a place where cellphones were prohibited.

I know it takes a certain clearance to be able to enter a SCIF, but is it always the same clearance? Do all members of Congress have that clearance?
Old 23 October 2019, 19:35
Moving Target

I'm not a expert on coups but I heard talk today that what the democrats are trying to do amounts to a coup, if this is true then can POTUS call in the military to arrest the traitors for treason. I would love to see that happen. I think it should be done asap.
Old 23 October 2019, 20:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
Wasn't that room a temporary SCIF? Fox doesn't mention it, but a couple of other outlets have when pointing out that people were tweeting from within a place where cellphones were prohibited.

I know it takes a certain clearance to be able to enter a SCIF, but is it always the same clearance? Do all members of Congress have that clearance?
Not sure of their clearance levels, but it was a SCIF..
Anyone can enter a SCIF with proper clearance, but, the brief may have been a read in brief? Not sure. All of DC is acting like clowns..
Old 23 October 2019, 21:17
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
And you have media manipulation as a massive scale.

TLDR, The NYT stealth edits a article that changes from "Russians" were grooming Tusli Gabbard for a third party run to "Republicans."
Hillary must have called them up. They're not even trying to hide the bias anymore.
Old 23 October 2019, 21:20
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post

Nobody tweeted from inside the SCIF. It was made clear from the tweets I read in real time that staffers were updating the situation. Let me guess were those outlets spelled CNN MSNBC NYT WAPO?

Our new posting rules