SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 7 September 2019, 19:24
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
One team who everyone and their mother opines might want him? New England. Nope, they are busy rehabilitating Josh Gordon who is the current WR2, so again nope.
Haha.
Old 7 September 2019, 20:58
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
Haha.
Did I call this or not? LOL. Okay I didn't call it but dayum, there goes the next 2 Super Bowls for Bill.
Old 7 September 2019, 21:32
Confirmed User

Quote:
Did I call this or not? LOL. Okay I didn't call it but dayum, there goes the next 2 Super Bowls for Bill.
One year deal; that douchey diva likely may not make it to year two.
Old 7 September 2019, 23:21
Confirmed User

Brown has been the local talk of the Town here. Apparently, he called the team GM a cracker and cussed him out in front of the whole team before they canned his ass. Imagine if it was the other way around and the GM called the player a nigger......
Old 8 September 2019, 08:33
Confirmed User

How convenient for him to sign with the Patriots a few hours after being released. It's almost as if this whole thing was orchestrated from behind the scenes.

Patriots to his agent: "We won't trade for him but if he gets released ."

AB "Hold my beer. Calling the GM a cracker and threatening to beat his ass should do the trick."
Old 8 September 2019, 12:20
Been There Done That

^C'mon, you know the Pats would NEVER bend or break the rules!
Old 8 September 2019, 15:51
Calculating Infinity...

**Breaking News**

The Browns still suck 🤣
Old 8 September 2019, 15:59
Confirmed User

New Panthers same as old Panthers....

Glad I haven't stopped day drinking.....
Old 8 September 2019, 17:55
Confirmed User

Browns killed themselves with penalties, but they're loaded and can turn that around. I liked what I saw out of the Titans. The defense is solid and Derek Henry is a beast and a lot faster than you'd think. No one could catch him on that 75 yard screen pass.
Old 8 September 2019, 18:32
Been There Done That

Apparently they had a speed cam on him and he was clocked at 21MPH. That's a lot of inertia for a guy that rolls 6'3"/240. I'd hate to be a 190lb Corner or Safety having to take him down.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...d-td-reception
Old 8 September 2019, 18:53
Confirmed User

We are the Jaguars - here us meow.
Old 8 September 2019, 21:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
No one could catch him on that 75 yard screen pass.
We lost our composure after that play. Down to our last 5 OL that suited up, 18 penalties for 187 yards, 3 interceptions (1 a pick six) and just all around spit the bit. Defense was put in a bad spot because of turnovers but they had their crap moments as well.

They need to clean up some things, starting with our mediocre LT not getting booted from the game, and his backup getting hurt the next play.

On the screen pass to Henry:

It was a nice tackle, I mean block, on that screen pass. LOL. We had a nice gain called back on a screen pass because our LT blocked the guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ED-fCQWXsAIZ124 (2).jpg (87.5 KB, 70 views)
Old 8 September 2019, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
We are the Jaguars - here us meow.
Man are the Jaguars unlucky with injuries or what? Foles will miss at least half the season if not more.
Old 8 September 2019, 22:00
Been There Done That

18 penalties for 187 yards, 3 interceptions. That's some Raiders level shit right there.
Old 8 September 2019, 22:23
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Man are the Jaguars unlucky with injuries or what? Foles will miss at least half the season if not more.
That 6th round rookie that came in for him did an admirable Brady impression, though.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician
Old 9 September 2019, 00:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH0922 View Post
18 penalties for 187 yards, 3 interceptions. That's some Raiders level shit right there.
I literally just came to this conclusion 5 mins ago in a post on FB.
Old 9 September 2019, 00:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1/ss nuke View Post
That 6th round rookie that came in for him did an admirable Brady impression, though.
I watched him for a little bit and he was up to 12-13 straight and I kept waiting for the announcers to tell us what the record is man.

I like the Jags team, I want them to do well. That 6th round rookie can manage the game for awhile so I root for the Jags to get him ready.

To your point - he did awesome.
Old 9 September 2019, 01:14

I think America needs an NFL channel, 4 part series - 1 hour per episode, of Bill Belichick talking to the media since becoming NE head coach in 2000. No narrator, no commentary, just rif after rif of Bill and the media.

One strategy Bill uses is 2 parts: 1) speak softly so the media calms down, and 2) keep speakly softly without answering their question.

6 Super Bowls and only he and Brady are the face of the team, and owner Kraft is like "no problem."

Franchise is all about Kraft
Team is about Hall of Fame coach and Hall of Fame QB: Bill + Tom

Has a team ever made it into the Hall of Fame? No. But this Patriots organization might carve out a new category.

Oh and Tom Brady told Antonio Brown he can stay as his house until he finds a place to stay. LOL.
Old 9 September 2019, 05:49
Confirmed User

Minchew played really well, so did Chark much to my surprise.

The D played OK at times and really crappy at times. They need to get their shit together, Mahomes is good but others are going to notice the mistakes we made in zone.

Sucks losing Foles for at least 2 months, hopefully that is our only sacrifice to the injury gods.
Old 9 September 2019, 07:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemTech View Post
Minchew played really well, so did Chark much to my surprise.

The D played OK at times and really crappy at times. They need to get their shit together, Mahomes is good but others are going to notice the mistakes we made in zone.

Sucks losing Foles for at least 2 months, hopefully that is our only sacrifice to the injury gods.

Mahomes is more than just 'good';

"Mahomes has more passing yards and touchdowns (5,759 yards, 53 TDs) in his first 18 games than any quarterback in history. No quarterback has as many yards or TDs in his first 20 games."

He had over 300 yards passing and two touchdowns in the first half against a very good Jaguars defense-- the same team that limited him to no touchdowns last year, in KC. It's not hyperbole to state he has every indication of being a generational talent at his position if he stays healthy.

Our new posting rules