SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 19 October 2009, 14:24
Banned User

greenwarrior now greenwarrior1

Hey all.

It is me. Formerly registered as greenwarrior.

Re-registered for personal reasons.

Thank you ACE!
Old 19 October 2009, 17:23

Good day everyone.
I am a student at Arizona State looking to join the Rangers in a year after I have my degree.
Old 19 October 2009, 19:03

Howdy Hey. Wade here from Tarpon Springs, FL

Currently: Pinellas County Deputy Sheriff (13yrs)

Military: Aviation Ordnanceman with VFA-131 (F/A-18's) Two Med. Cruises on the USS Eisenhower. Desert Shield Veteran.
Old 20 October 2009, 07:05
Confirmed User

Good Morning

I am a former MP on active duty from '80 - '86 with duty stations in Heidelberg, Ft. Stewart (detached to Orlando), Camp Stanley Korea and Ft. Leavenworth. I have been in civilian law enforcement for 15 yrs. I was told about this site by a couple of co-workers and I am very glad they did.
Old 20 October 2009, 07:23
Aww F**K it

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallabound View Post
I am a former MP on active duty from '80 - '86 with duty stations in Heidelberg, Ft. Stewart (detached to Orlando), Camp Stanley Korea and Ft. Leavenworth. I have been in civilian law enforcement for 15 yrs. I was told about this site by a couple of co-workers and I am very glad they did.
Welcome Sarge

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4
Old 20 October 2009, 18:03

Hello all

Thank you to the moderators for keeping track of the site and the community sharing.

I served with Marine Recon as an 8652 and my brother is a swabby with team 6.
Old 20 October 2009, 21:46

My name is Gary Williams. I am the author of the soon to be released book SEAL of Honor: Operation Red Wings and the Life of LT Michael Murphy, USN. LT Michael Murphy was awarded the Medal of Honor on October 22, 2007 by then CINC George W. Bush for his action on 28 June 2005 in the Hindu Kush in Afghanistan. LT Murphy is the first Navy SEAL to receive the MOH since the Vietnam War, the first SEAL to receive the MOH posthumously, and the first to receive it for service in Afghanistan.

I am the oldest son of a decorated Korean War veteran but have no personal military experience of my own, although my parents raised us with a near reverent respect for those who wear the cloth of our nation. That respect has not diminished with time. I am a 30-year employee with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections and live just north of Cincinnati. I hold a Master's Degree in Public Administration and serve as an Adjunct Professor at Sinclair Community College in Dayton.

I have spent the past 18 months trying to capture the essence of the life of LT Michael Murphy and his selfless service to our country. SEAL of Honor is being published by the U.S. Naval Institute Press with an anticipated release date of 6 May 2010 at the Navy SEAL Warrior Fund dinner aboard the USS Intrepid in NYC. I would be honored to keep everyone up to date as this project continues. God's speed to all who go into harm's way to defend this great nation and that for which she stands.

You may contact me at glw3555@aol.com. It would be an honor to hear from you.
Old 21 October 2009, 09:05

Hello!

Brief intro to say hello to all 5 years ad in army then joined guard after two contracting tours in iraq and a 21 year break in service. just got back from tour with guard, looking forward to this community!
Old 21 October 2009, 09:29

Hello

Thank you for allowing me to join. I am a former USMC 0311 class of 1984 Parris Island. I also am a retired law enforcement officer whos last assignment was as a supervisor at the FBI. I then went as a civilian to Iraq and qorked counter-insurgeny and counter IED under the JIEDDO and had the honor to work with Navy operators as well as Army operators. In the past i have taught lock picking to some of them in New Orleans. I was happy to have run into some familiar faces in Iraq.

I currently am in Israel working homeland security and training issues here. Please feel free to email me at
jeffreyhochman@aol.com

if you are in Israel. I also travel to the USA to train DoJ and other military and law enforcement on the lessons I have learned over 22 years. I am no expert but in 44 years i have made mistakes and learned from them.
Old 21 October 2009, 11:29
Semper Fi

Thank you guys for having me. I myself was not a operator, I was a 1833, 1812, and lastly a 0312. I currently am a contractor for the US Navy, teaching at the Riverine School house in LeJeune,
(Machinegun/Smal Boat/Comm/Computer Guru).
Looking forward to my years ahead!
Old 22 October 2009, 11:51
33,024 - R.I.P.

Thanks for allowing me to join the SOCNET group. I served in the US Navy for 11 years (1990-2001). My last tour was with HCS-5 (CSAR/SPECWAR) as a Rescue Swimmer and TAC II crewman ('98-'01). We had the opportunity and honor to work along side the left coast SEAL Teams. I just finished reading Steve "Moose" Robinson's book, and would enjoy helping you guys vette out the wannabes.

Thanks again for letting me in the playground.
Old 22 October 2009, 14:06

Thank you for having me...

I was never a member of the special forces, I was just a regular big army infantryman.

We don't often get to say thank you to those whose influence changed our lives, sometimes those individuals don't even know they have changed someone's life. The second commanding officer I served under was a Ranger Qualified Airborne Infantry Officer. I learned a great deal about what being a man really means thanks to him, his ability to instruct and lead by example changed me from just another dumbass kid into a man who has become an asset to his community.

If this man is indicative of the individuals who serve this great nation as members of the Special Forces (and I know he is) then our country is indeed blessed to have you gentlemen serving for us. With all my heart thank you for your service and thank you for allowing me to join this site and read your words.

Thanks again!
Fred
Old 22 October 2009, 15:48

Hello all

Hello SOCNET members - glad to be here. My name is Geoff and I served in the 82nd from 1972-1976, with 1/505 (B Company and HHC) and 1/508 (B Company, HHC and Delta Company). Had several friends who transitioned from the 82d to 5th and 7th SF. Great years, great guys.
Old 22 October 2009, 17:37

Just wanted to say hello. USMC EOD Sgt about to deploy to AFG. Hope I can get to this site while im over there.
Old 23 October 2009, 11:48
Confirmed User

Hello all,

New to the site, hoping to learn, share, and catch up with a few people. Was Aco Weapons 3/75 1988-90, ODA 345 + 346 '93-96, then 2/3 CE '96-97. Returned to college afterwards, now a "forest ranger" (no, really). Already on AR.com as "Lunch"; using "Big Money" here in hopes that others who would know me by that nickname will recognize me.
Old 23 October 2009, 13:01

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies,

I am new to the site. I feel I am among heroes here and I may not belong.
I worked on the job as a sheriff's deputy for 30 years. I am retired now. I was one of the first female officers in South Florida.

I certainly have not done anything like the posters here. God bless you all.

Just wanted to say that.
Old 23 October 2009, 14:17
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRidingHood View Post
Hello Gentlemen and Ladies,

I am new to the site. I feel I am among heroes here and I may not belong.
I worked on the job as a sheriff's deputy for 30 years. I am retired now. I was one of the first female officers in South Florida.

I certainly have not done anything like the posters here. God bless you all.

Just wanted to say that.
The fact that you served your community for 30 years makes you a hero in many people's eyes.

Not all heroes are in the military- firefighters and police personnel put their lives on the line EVERY SINGLE DAY for the mostly ungrateful public.

Welcome!

And in accordance with our traditions- are you hot?
Old 23 October 2009, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
The fact that you served your community for 30 years makes you a hero in many people's eyes.

Not all heroes are in the military- firefighters and police personnel put their lives on the line EVERY SINGLE DAY for the mostly ungrateful public.

Welcome!

And in accordance with our traditions- are you hot?
Thank you and yes, I think I'm still hot.
Old 23 October 2009, 19:38
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRidingHood View Post
Thank you and yes, I think I'm still hot.
Well..........Let's get that profile updated with some pics.....LOL

WELCOME! Thank you for "your" service.....
Old 23 October 2009, 20:00

I'm a Viet-Nam veteran. SSG, Co. A, 1/5 Mech Inf, 25th Inf Div, 1970-71. Not a spec ops guy, but a proud veteran. I flunked out of college in the 60s and got drafted in the US Army, and was happy to serve. I performed well, and was offered NCO Academy at Ft. Benning, to further prepare me for my RVN tour. I took it, graduated top in my class, and earned E-6 with about 8 months in service. I went to the Nam as a 20 year old 11B40, did my combat tour, and got all my guys home. I'm here because a guy I know, a SEAL, told me he was going to use this web site to "check me out," because I took a different position than he in a political discussion. He thought I'd be intimidated, and implied that my service wasn't what I said it was. He's wrong, so here I am. I'm here to check myself out, and to enjoy the resources of this site.

Our new posting rules