SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare

Old 3 January 2009, 17:44
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangemaster61 View Post
This was in the good ole USA main street in Ft Lauderdale FL. Think how many of these are walking among us. Target rich environment.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Xl68kP4wo

It wont be long now before the suicide bombers show up inside our cities if that keeps up. It would have been much too easy for one of those idiots to get inside the Israeli contingent across the street and light off a vest.

I noticed the female in the first part of the video saying that the Israeli's needed to be back in the ovens. I cant believe we allow these people to live here.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 3 January 2009, 18:51
RIP SOTB, CASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
My point is that the Christian population will actively stand against the less than 1% of the idiots out there like WBC and the abortion clinic bombers. I dont see thousands of Christians out in the streets protesting the treatment of WBC or Mark Rudolph. Most Christians would prefer to see them locked away for life or dead.

The Muslim/Islamic population on the other hand has a tendency to either actively support these terrorist groups or remain passively silent. True enough that there are those in the Muslim world who are actively opposed to it and have no problem making it known, but in their world THEY are the less than 1%.

So no......it's not a good comparison. I'm not sure there IS a good comparison to be made.
Word.
Old 3 January 2009, 22:06
Moving Target

Lets not let these people live here, if we don't do something soon we will end up in the same mess as the Brits. I don't think I want to live in a city that permits those F heads to protest ..The US government has given another 80 million to the Pali-ragheads ,WTF, we sell Israel GPU's bombs and give the otherside millions, we need to sell Israel 1000 MOAB's. Thats the solution.
Old 3 January 2009, 22:25
Greenhat
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcolt13 View Post
I don't think I want to live in a city that permits those F heads to protest ..
So, because you don't agree with what these idiots believe, you want to restrict the First Amendment?

What happens when someone decides that your beliefs are those of a F head and so you don't deserve your First Amendment rights?

As much as I think these people are fools, they have a right to gather, to protest, to say what they say. That is an integral part of what our nation is about, and most of us took an oath to defend the document that restricts the United States government from restricting those rights.
Old 3 January 2009, 22:33
Moving Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhat View Post
So, because you don't agree with what these idiots believe, you want to restrict the First Amendment?

What happens when someone decides that your beliefs are those of a F head and so you don't deserve your First Amendment rights?

As much as I think these people are fools, they have a right to gather, to protest, to say what they say. That is an integral part of what our nation is about, and most of us took an oath to defend the document that restricts the United States government from restricting those rights.
I'm all for First Amendment rights, I also took an oath to defend my country from all ememies foreign and domestic. I'm saying that they are the ememies of this country. Thats not an opinion thats a fact. There demonstrations are a little more serious than gay day at Disney World.
Old 3 January 2009, 22:46
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
I'm all for First Amendment rights, I also took an oath to defend my country from all ememies foreign and domestic. I'm saying that they are the ememies of this country. Thats not an opinion thats a fact. There demonstrations are a little more serious than gay day at Disney World.
Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and admit that you have been given good advice.
Old 3 January 2009, 22:49
Greenhat
Visitor

Quote:
I'm all for First Amendment rights, I also took an oath to defend my country from all ememies foreign and domestic. I'm saying that they are the ememies of this country.

Why?
Old 3 January 2009, 23:04
Moving Target

Why? Because its who they are ,its there religion, because they are supported by countries that our government has declared terrorist haboring countries. Why do we have the war on terror. I know the rights of citizens of this country need to be protected, its a very fine line between legal and dangerous. Where did the 911 terrorists live and train before 911, right here in America . I guess I don't think about all the legal matters I just simply see and ememy for what he is. I don't have all the answers . I know it would be hard to remove all the enemies from our own borders , but I don't think its impossible.
Old 3 January 2009, 23:11
Embrace the Suck

Quote:
Why? Because its who they are ,its there religion, because they are supported by countries that our government has declared terrorist haboring countries. Why do we have the war on terror. I know the rights of citizens of this country need to be protected, its a very fine line between legal and dangerous. Where did the 911 terrorists live and train before 911, right here in America . I guess I don't think about all the legal matters I just simply see and ememy for what he is. I don't have all the answers . I know it would be hard to remove all the enemies from our own borders , but I don't think its impossible.
When you find yourself in a hole, it's best to stop digging.

You sound stupid dude. And I doubt your next post will change my opinion.
Old 3 January 2009, 23:41
Greenhat
Visitor

Quote:
Define why they are enemies in a manner that can be supported by the President of the United States within the limitations set by the US Constitution.

You can't. Because they aren't.

They have a right to say what they want. They have a right to protest. OK, you don't agree with them. You have a right to disagree.

Until they actually do something that is treason or an attack on the United States, they are just doing what they have every right to do.

Defend the Constitution - that's what your oath said.

Maybe you should read it.
Old 4 January 2009, 00:00
Confirmed User

Quote:
If it did, the Japanese would no longer exist, and neither would the Germans.
You're right. My choice of words was poor. I think originally what I said, or meant to say, was that we declared a genocide on Naziism, ie the ideology, not individual people. It's not about people, but what they're doing. And the same could be said for the Empire in Japan.

The Japanese and Germans are still alive, but Naziism is effectively dead, as is the Japanese Empire. The emporer still exists, but he isn't worshipped as tenou (heaven's king, aka God) today. After the war the American military made the Emporer take off his robes, put on a suit and go all over the country basically telling people, "hehe, sorry, I'm not really God. Let's all still be friends though." He was humiliated and we completely spit on their religion. We tore it down. And during the war we bombed the hell out of hundreds of temples. So many temples that I believe only 5 temples in Japan are originals, all the rest were rebuilt after the war. And these were not military targets, they were religious targets. But their religion and their government were pretty much the same thing. The emporers existence today is akin to a museum, it's a joke.

So, in essence, both of those ideologies were effectively wiped out, similar to a genocide. And that was our objective. Our goal in the war was to crush the enemy and eradicate the source of the problem.

My opinion is that it's the same with Islam. I don't want to genocide every single Muslim on the planet. Not at all. But I don't think the War on Terror will actually be effective until we acknowledge that the source of the problems is Islam. It's not some spin-off group, it's the whole enchalada. I don't consider individual Muslims the enemy, I consider Islam the enemy. I have many Muslim friends and wish no harm to come to them. Islam is a threat to the world though. Whether it's EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY in the Middle East, or half the countries in Europe, or Russia, or India, or wherever, I see nothing but trouble if Islam is involved. Go look at a list of all the ongoing conflicts around the world. Muslims are involved (aka the cause) in almost all of them.

Do you think it would be a good thing or a bad thing if 50% of the USA was Muslim? Would it be good or bad for the Constitution?
Old 4 January 2009, 00:05
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by agx View Post
I don't want to genocide every single Muslim on the planet.
Seriously. Fuck this shit.

Genocide is NOT A FUCKING VERB. No one here is going to take any of your moronic ramblings seriously until you can effectively communicate in English.

If you are looking for a tutor, there are some German members of the board who have a better command of English.

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 4 January 2009, 00:07
Greenhat
Visitor

Quote:
You're right. My choice of words was poor. I think originally what I said, or meant to say, was that we declared a genocide on Naziism, ie the ideology, not individual people. It's not about people, but what they're doing. And the same could be said for the Empire in Japan.
So why did Franco die of old age?

Btw, genocide is, by definition, the systematic killing of a racial or cultural group. You don't "genocide" Nazism.

Quote:
The Japanese and Germans are still alive, but Naziism is effectively dead, as is the Japanese Empire. The emporer still exists, but he isn't worshipped as tenou (heaven's king, aka God) today.
Uh-huh...

Quote:
So, in essence, both of those ideologies were effectively wiped out, similar to a genocide. And that was our objective. Our goal in the war was to crush the enemy and eradicate the source of the problem.
Again, why did Franco die of old age?

If we "wiped out" an ideology, wouldn't it make sense that we would have destroyed the three most visible leaders of that ideology (Hitler, Mussolini and Franco)?

Quote:
Do you think it would be a good thing or a bad thing if 50% of the USA was Muslim? Would it be good or bad for the Constitution?
I don't think it would make any difference at all. Religion alone does not create behavior or culture.
Old 4 January 2009, 00:09
Scoundrel

Quote:
...we declared a genocide on Naziism...The Japanese and Germans are still alive, but Naziism is effectively dead, as is the Japanese Empire. The emporer still exists, but he isn't worshipped as tenou (heaven's king, aka God) today. After the war the American military made the Emporer take off his robes, put on a suit and go all over the country basically telling people, "hehe, sorry, I'm not really God. Let's all still be friends though." He was humiliated and we completely spit on their religion.
My opinion is that it's the same with Islam. I don't want to genocide every single Muslim on the planet. Not at all. But I don't think the War on Terror will actually be effective until we acknowledge that the source of the problems is Islam. It's not some spin-off group, it's the whole enchalada. I don't consider individual Muslims the enemy, I consider Islam the enemy. I have many Muslim friends and wish no harm to come to them. Islam is a threat to the world though. Whether it's EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY in the Middle East, or half the countries in Europe, or Russia, or India, or wherever, I see nothing but trouble if Islam is involved. Go look at a list of all the ongoing conflicts around the world. Muslims are involved (aka the cause) in almost all of them.
You can't possibly be this dumb for real.

Did you have your pet hamster type some of that? Are you a subscriber to T-Rock's newsletter?

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

Old 4 January 2009, 00:12

Quote:
Until they actually do something that is treason or an attack on the United States, they are just doing what they have every right to do.
I hear what you are saying. I really do. However, there is just something about that statement that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe because its the particular circumstances of this (Palestinian/HAMAS) situation.

I am trying to compare it to the way that people always are allowed to do anything and everything that people know is wrong and is going to lead to something bad, but nobody can/will do anything because its TECHNICALLY not illegal....yet. Like the weird guy who sits at playgrounds and takes pictures of little children playing, or at the beach. Who lingers a little too long by the side of a schoolyard. And then he winds up taking the next step a few months later and molests a kid.

In a situation like that, everyone knows its not right and that something should be done about.....but its not until he actually does something that you are able take action. The biggest loser there is the kid (and to a large extent, society) who could have been protected, but wasn't.

I dunno. There's a point that I think the founding fathers would have wanted to draw the line at. I am pretty sure that this would be one of them. But I guess other people think differently.
Old 4 January 2009, 00:17
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
I dunno. There's a point that I think the founding fathers would have wanted to draw the line at. I am pretty sure that this would be one of them.
Like this guy?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Benjamin Franklin

Old 4 January 2009, 00:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Like this guy?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Benjamin Franklin
I don't think that saying really has a parallel to today's climate. It's a nice quote and very appropriate for the time in which it was uttered, but I think he is referring to the rule of a totalitarian government....not the liberties of a bunch of islamofacists have to sit on a corner and do everything but say that they want every man woman and child in America who isn't muslim to either convert, submit to Sharia law, or die (at least that's what I am reading between the lines).
Old 4 January 2009, 00:33
Scoundrel

Quote:
but I think he is referring to the rule of a totalitarian government....not the liberties of a bunch of islamofacists have to sit on a corner and do everything but say that they want every man woman and child in America who isn't muslim to either convert, submit to Sharia law, or die (at least that's what I am reading between the lines).
How does a government become totalitarian?

Right, they start oppressing the rights of their citizens.

Old 4 January 2009, 00:34
Greenhat
Visitor

Quote:
I don't think that saying really has a parallel to today's climate. It's a nice quote and very appropriate for the time in which it was uttered, but I think he is referring to the rule of a totalitarian government....not the liberties of a bunch of islamofacists have to sit on a corner and do everything but say that they want every man woman and child in America who isn't muslim to either convert, submit to Sharia law, or die (at least that's what I am reading between the lines).

Maybe you should stop reading between the lines and read the Constitution.

The founding fathers had their rights taken from them. They weren't "deserving" of the protections of the Magna Carte because of who they were, where they lived. They certainly understood what they were talking about, the risks... they lived it.

EVERY PERSON, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, whatever... that resides in the United States, has the right to the protections of the US Constitution. When you take them from one, you allow someone to take them from you.

If you aren't willing to give up your right to free speech, don't ask others to give up theirs.
Old 4 January 2009, 10:36
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
You can't possibly be this dumb for real.
I guess when you can't debate the issues it's time to attack the person.

Our new posting rules