Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 17 July 2017, 22:03
Confirmed User

Usually these types get their money from "speaking fees" and "book deals". As for the "speaking fees", I'm fairly certain all that is simply another way to launder money, give 'legal' bribes, and extend the quid pro quo the politicians demand for their services. These people know how to game the system, they wrote the laws after all. Book deals are another way to get free shit. A $15 million book deal that you pay some schlub $250k to ghostwrite is a pretty good deal.

"Oh thanks for stepping in and ensuring our export license to our business was approved months in advance of our competitors. Your involvement has ensured that we will have captured the market place in XXXX country before anyone else has the chance. As a way of showing our thanks, but on a completely unrelated topic (wink wink) our board would like to give you the opportunity to speak at the quarterly shareholders meeting on some bullshit topic you can breeze through in 10 minutes or so. Of course, we will compensate you to the tune of around half a million $$$ for your hard work, time, and fitting us into your schedule. There will be dinner provided, of course --- cheese pizza again I presume? God Bless America.". *maniacal laughter ensues*
Old 17 July 2017, 22:22
Über Equus Asinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
How did she amass her net worth being a career American public servant?

I'm just saying....
Im not a fan of that heifer... but.. most (if not all) of her money is likely legit...

She inherited a good bit... Her father was the governor of the Federal Reserve and a economics professor at Cornell that invested heavily and amassed a pretty good pile of money in his time.. Her mother was a think tank guru that got paid a lot of bank as a "political advisor" during her career..and was a senior
corporate executive at a large company before that... etc..etc..

She has also had several short stints in the private sector where she made a good chunk of change herself.. She was a consultant at McKinsey for a while.. was the managing director at Inteilibridge at one point, and spent a few years at the Brookings Institute as a Sr. Fellow..

And she is married to a high dollar television news producer who has been with one of the major networks for a long time who makes huge money and also inherited millions from his family..
Old 17 July 2017, 22:33
Calix Meus Inebrians

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
There will be dinner provided, of course --- cheese pizza again I presume?
Dude, why do you need to keep inserting reminders of disproved bullshit like that? It really does run the risk of diluting anything else you say, no matter how pertinent.
Old 17 July 2017, 23:54
Confirmed User

Are you not entertained?
Old 18 July 2017, 01:17
Holy Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
"We" is a reference to this board... a board where unsubstantiated wild conspiracy theories have, for years, been rightly mocked and dismissed.
Tejecting conspiracy theories, from anti-Republican 9/11 nonsense to anti-Democrat pizzagate absurdities, this board has been a beacon of reason
I liked liberals better when they hated the government and had really far out ideas from years of drug abuse.

You guys were more fun in the 60s.
Old 18 July 2017, 07:10
Been There Done That

Quote:
Are you not entertained?
*sword whistling through the air*
Old 18 July 2017, 08:30
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
unsubstantiated wild conspiracy theories have, for years, been rightly mocked and dismissed.
As I mentioned previously, those attachments I posted are more aligned with Infowars/Alex Jones than fact, which I - and most conservatives - reject as only hurting the search for the truth. But I do think - as I said - they tell a story. There are some questionable amount of dead people in the Clinton circle. Yes of course there are too many conspiracy theory distractions piling on that dilute the fact that maybe those two have some blood on their hands.

I don't like Hillary Clinton. That probably clouds my view of her and her career. That doesn't mean some of what she is accused of is a wild conspiracy.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old 18 July 2017, 08:44
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
As I mentioned previously, those attachments I posted are more aligned with Infowars/Alex Jones than fact, which I - and most conservatives - reject as only hurting the search for the truth.
Then why post it? That's the point. This site and members used to routinely ridicule and drive out outlandish conspiracy nonsense. That's been a pretty large shift in my time here.

Quote:
But I do think - as I said - they tell a story.
No, they don't.

Quote:

I don't like Hillary Clinton. That probably clouds my view of her and her career. That doesn't mean some of what she is accused of is a wild conspiracy.
I don't either. I think she's a self-serving lying war-mongering chicken-hawk, would have been a horrible President, and has legions of followers because people are fucking stupid.

But I don't post wild-assed conspiracy nonsense on this legitimate site.

Prefacing your post(s) with "I know this is pretty out there and I don't believe it but I'm going to post it anyway" is akin to "I'm not racist at all, but man....black people sure do crime a lot, amirite?"
Old 18 July 2017, 09:05
#AllLionsMatter

Lightbulb Damn ebonics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
Prefacing your post(s) with "I know this is pretty out there and I don't believe it but I'm going to post it anyway" is akin to "I'm not racist at all, but man....black people sure do crime a lot, amirite?"
Black on black crime is prevalent...amirite?

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 18 July 2017, 09:09
Confirmed User

Quote:
Hahahaha, are you for real right now? Joking about the Clinton body count is now like being a racist?

So what's to say what's "muh crazy conspiracy" or not? You and the MSM? Because if that was the case, we'd all be on the CNN train and never be allowed to talk about anything other than what our govt-minders allow us to speak about. No HRC election rigging against Bernie. Because that's nonsense! HRC Uranium One bribery? Get out of here with that conspiretard talk! Gulf of Tonkin? C'mon Grandpa, that's ancient history! OMG GWB was a deserter in the military! Why that's treason I say! Hang em high!

No one is talking flat-earth/Hollow earth/lizard people/trans-dimensional aliens/etc. This is pretty low brow stuff. The Clinton body count is really mainstream shit now. My friggin 85 year old grandma even posts/forwards stuff about it on FB --- and she still has no idea what a fidget spinner is, and thinks Nickelback is a damn good refund deal at Food Lion.
Old 18 July 2017, 09:19
#AllLionsMatter

Quote:
and thinks Nickelback is a damn good refund deal at Food Lion.
This had me LMMFAO!

There is a limit to compassion.
Old 18 July 2017, 09:25
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
So what's to say what's "muh crazy conspiracy" or not? You and the MSM? Because if that was the case, we'd all be on the CNN train and never be allowed to talk about anything other than what our govt-minders allow us to speak about. No HRC election rigging against Bernie. Because that's nonsense! HRC Uranium One bribery? Get out of here with that conspiretard talk! Gulf of Tonkin? C'mon Grandpa, that's ancient history! OMG GWB was a deserter in the military! Why that's treason I say! Hang em high!
Nice to mix in real shit with fake shit. Of course the DNC was rigged towards Clinton and not Bernie. I haven't had MSM nor television since the late 1990s, so my head isn't full of dookie and you know this.

But you are talking about 47 murders, from plane crashes to assassinations inside Federal buildings, that makes the 9/11 conspiracy nuts look like learned scholars. Hell I could pull off `1000 9/11s with fewer people than it would take to kill the 47 people in different locales, in different manners, that are "associated" with the Clintons.

For the Clinton Murders to be even remotely realistic would require crooked cops, crooked security guards, crooked District Attorneys, judges, friends, co-workers, and on and on and on.

Quote:
No one is talking flat-earth/Hollow earth/lizard people/trans-dimensional aliens/etc.
Seems like it.

Then again, Pizzagate was discussed seriously here too by some and what a load of absolute horseshit, propagated by the NON-MSM, that that was.
Old 18 July 2017, 09:43
Been There Done That

Quote:
...to be even remotely realistic would require crooked cops, crooked security guards, crooked District Attorneys, judges, friends, co-workers, and on and on and on.
OK, so we have those blocks checked
Old 18 July 2017, 09:53
Been There Done That

So, in only two pages we've digressed from an unsubstantiated 4-chan report of Ukranian use of IMF money to Hillary's supposed body count, with some significant accusatory diatribes back and forth regarding other member's rationality...

CLOSED

Our new posting rules