SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > H2H Combat

Old 18 January 2020, 20:23
Shakin' the bush Boss

MacGregor v Cerrone

I'm not a big MMA guy, but I'd like to see Cerrone kick MacGregors head out into about the 5th row tonight.
Old 18 January 2020, 21:09
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
I'm not a big MMA guy, but I'd like to see Cerrone kick MacGregors head out into about the 5th row tonight.
Watching.

Not sure if anything but the McGregor fight will be worthwhile staying up foe. Hopefully so.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 18 January 2020, 23:36
This Is The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
++1
Old 19 January 2020, 01:58
Been There Done That

Meh. 40 seconds against now-past-his-prime Cerrone. This night was for McGregor to advertise his whiskey and so that his last win wasn't in 2016.

I'd like to see McGregor against Masvidal. Beat Masvidal and I'd give McGregor props. Frankly, I don't think McGregor would beat him.

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 19 January 2020, 10:04
Involuntary Yoga Guy

Wow, disappointing to see that outcome.
I still think that MacGregor is learning. He was, stylistically, different, even noticeable in only 40 seconds.

And sadly, the accumulated wear and tear on Cerrone is really showing, has been for the past year.

Feed Conner to Street Jesus Masvidal.

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 19 January 2020, 14:16
Newbie shooter

I love guys like Masvidal.

Hes been fighting guys since Kimbo's back yard. He fought a guy in the tunnel after beating another guy in the cage minutes earlier. He's been nothing but a class act to guys that don't talk any shit, and a terror to anyone that does.

I really like the way he's treated Ben Askrin since Ben's loss. To top it off they found a guy that looks like Ben's son and had him go up to Masvidal and ask why he "did that to his dad" - and Masvidal APOLOGIZED!!

Just a real, what you see is what you get, hard working EXCELLENT show.

Connor is connor. When he was hungry he had a left hand that was a night ender, a left leg high kick no one could figure out, and some excellent timing. Khabibi, and to a lesser extent Diaz showed Connor can be beaten by people that wont play his distance striking game but Connor really has done some things that just should not be possible - my favorite fight of his is when he beat the brakes off Eddie Alverez. That guy is a world class fighter, was the current champ, a few weight classes above him, by all accounts and excellent fighter and Connor just went in there and dropped him like twice in the first round and beat him down for the rest of the fight looking like he was never in trouble.

say what you will about him, but his fight against Floyd was the second highest boxing payperview ever (at least thats what they said last night) and even though he didn't win how many guys actually gave him a chance?

I for one will always tune in for a Connor fight. That guy comes to party, win or lose.
Old 19 January 2020, 14:50
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local View Post
I for one will always tune in for a Connor fight. That guy comes to party, win or lose.
Agreed. I also think that Connor suffered psychologically following the boxing fight. When you work so hard, for so long, and then you get a taste of real money, it will fuck with your head.

Fight 15-20 more times, winning the entire time, to secure what you can make in one boxing fight? Or try to get a few more big fights outside of MMA?

Whatever his decision has been, he destroyed Cerone. And he changed his entire approach to the fight with him, including the promotional piece. Like you, I would not discount his ability to evolve.
Old 19 January 2020, 16:47
Confirmed User

I stayed up for the fight. Wife came down just as the fight was starting saying she was going to bed. Told her I was going to be up after the fight. Less than 10 minutes later I was in bed. I did think it was pretty slick how Connor used his shoulder twice to Cowboys nose, breaking it. Then once to what looked like his eye.

Our new posting rules