SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Weapons

Old 28 January 2020, 10:14
BTDT

SIG Cross

Been thinking about a bolt gun. Saw the SIG Cross (check YouTube) and it has my attention. $1500 retail, so street price should be lower. .308. 6.5 Creed, and SIGs military entry in 6.8 (.277 Fury) - 9ft less drop at 1000, than 6.5 Creed

Quote:
Sig Sauer, Inc. is proud to announce the official award of a contract by the U.S. Army in the down-select process for the Next Generation Squad Weapons (NGSW). The award encompasses the complete Sig Sauer system consisting of 6.8mm hybrid ammunition, a lightweight machine gun, rifle, and included suppressors. Sig Sauer will provide single source manufacturing for ammunition, weapons, and suppressors allowing for less risk and increased capability for the U.S. Army.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sig-Sauer-Cross-Rifle-1.jpg (18.5 KB, 148 views)

"It's A Long Way, To 61,000 If You Want To Rock And Roll"

"Team Apocalypse"
COVID-19 Deaths: 12,246 (NY )

Economy Wasn't Destroyed For:
2009 "Swine Flu" 12,000 KIA
2017/2018 Influenza 61,000 KIA
1957 "Asian Flu" 70,000 KIA
'68-'72 "Hong Kong Flu" 100,000 KIA

12 April 2009 to 10 April 2010, 60.8 million cases, 274,304 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths due to H1N1

2017/2018 Health Care System "Shock": 45 million people getting sick with influenza, 21 million people going to a health care provider, with 810,000 hospitalizations.

Old 28 January 2020, 12:49
Been There Done That

Have you considered the Daniel Defense Delta? They will give you a 10% military veteran discount as well. I have been very impressed recently with DD’s products and service.
Old 28 January 2020, 15:38
Make a desert and call it peace.

The established front-runner in this niche is the Ruger Precision Rifle, soon as I can offload some hunting rifles I no longer use, I will be getting one, the only question is 6.5 PRC, 300PRC or 338 Lapua.

The SIG looks interesting, SIG's QC has been meh for a while now, not sure I wanna be the testing dummy for this. Regardless it bears watching, you can get one and let me know how it goes S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 5 February 2020, 22:07
Make a desert and call it peace.

Addendum:

The 277 Fury setup with a can seems pretty slick; conceptually, I really like it. In practice, running things at 80k psi tends to wear stuff out most ricki-tic.

I'm interested in what matter of coatings they plan on using for barrels and chambers? There's a lot of plasma vapor deposited stuff that might work well, tungsten carbo-nitride and chromium nitride just off the top of my head, but the proof is in the pudding.

The steel case head ammo price-point will be a make or break issue. The up side is factory ammo only would allow them to use things like titanium dioxide case liners to increase barrel life like they do on autocannon and artillery ammunition.

Poly, hurry up and buy one so you can let us know how it works out S/F....Ken M
"If you remember nothing else about what I’m about to consider here, remember this: the one and only reason politicians, bureaucrats, and policemen want to take your weapons away from you is so that they can do things to you that they couldn’t do if you still had your weapons."— L. Neil Smith

“The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it.”
- Robert E. Lee
Old 5 February 2020, 22:17
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoFiveMike View Post
Addendum:

The 277 Fury setup with a can seems pretty slick; conceptually, I really like it. In practice, running things at 80k psi tends to wear stuff out most ricki-tic.

I'm interested in what matter of coatings they plan on using for barrels and chambers? There's a lot of plasma vapor deposited stuff that might work well, tungsten carbo-nitride and chromium nitride just off the top of my head, but the proof is in the pudding.

The steel case head ammo price-point will be a make or break issue. The up side is factory ammo only would allow them to use things like titanium dioxide case liners to increase barrel life like they do on autocannon and artillery ammunition.

Poly, hurry up and buy one so you can let us know how it works out S/F....Ken M
Bruh - way too many things ahead of it...one day though

"It's A Long Way, To 61,000 If You Want To Rock And Roll"

"Team Apocalypse"
COVID-19 Deaths: 12,246 (NY )

Economy Wasn't Destroyed For:
2009 "Swine Flu" 12,000 KIA
2017/2018 Influenza 61,000 KIA
1957 "Asian Flu" 70,000 KIA
'68-'72 "Hong Kong Flu" 100,000 KIA

12 April 2009 to 10 April 2010, 60.8 million cases, 274,304 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths due to H1N1

2017/2018 Health Care System "Shock": 45 million people getting sick with influenza, 21 million people going to a health care provider, with 810,000 hospitalizations.

Our new posting rules