SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Army Special Operations > 75th Ranger Regiment

Old 24 January 2020, 19:44
Been There Done That

Thumbs up Ranger Medics leading the way!

https://www.army.mil/article/231597/...ives_in_combat

Outstanding medics! Wow. Good to see these new techniques saving lives.
Old 24 January 2020, 20:05
Shakin' the bush Boss

Cool article and good work by the medics.

Wardak was one of my districts back in the day. I'm sure it's still a shithole.
Old 24 January 2020, 20:15
Another pool cleaner

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=135806

Yup, great actions.
Old 24 January 2020, 20:26
Shakin' the bush Boss

Oops. Can't merge it, don't have mod permissions in this area.
Old 24 January 2020, 21:24
Been There Done That

There has always been great medics within the Rangers. Johnny on the spot, fearless and decisive. New technologies have only made them more effective on the battlefield.

Great job.
Old 25 January 2020, 05:18
Been There Done That

Mad respect for the boys
Old 25 January 2020, 08:27
Been There Done That

CONGRADULATIONS!
Old 26 January 2020, 10:52
Appalachian RidgeRunner

Quote:
There has always been great medics within the Rangers. Johnny on the spot, fearless and decisive. New technologies have only made them more effective on the battlefield.
This has always been widely accepted from the time that I was in from 98-2013. No problems whatsoever in admitting it.

Buddy transfusions are a common technique, but performing it in the environment described in the article? Unreal.
Old 28 January 2020, 14:20
Confirmed User

Yep, good on them. The Ranger they saved is here at SAMMC. I just saw him today and he, of course, praises those guys.
Old 7 February 2020, 10:27
Authorized Personnel

My father used to tell this story about Korea. They were running a large patrol between the lines and and they saw a large group of the enemy coming over. He started to set up a hasty ambush. They set up on a edge of a ditch. It was pretty open terrain so he had time to double check the machine guns and as he got back in position. He felt Ranger Potter (medic), who was right beside him and slightly below, blade his thigh with the back of his hand.

Dad said he was worried that maybe he saw another group or something was very wrong. Dad leaned down and Ranger Potter whispered as he pointed to his Thompson, “ Let em get closer”. Dad said he almost busted out laughing and didn’t wait.

Ranger Potter survived Korea and I believe he was in Vietnam and retired as SGM.

If you get a chance read, “Rangers In Korea” by Col Black. There is one chapter about 8th Abn Ranger. Read about the battle of Hill 1010. They had a shit load of wounded and wouldn’t leave anyone behind and decided to make a stand. What happened next was something they should have made a movie about.

If you look at the company picture in the test area. Col Black is directly behind my father.

Maas
Old 8 February 2020, 12:07
Been There Done That

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maas View Post
My father used to tell this story about Korea. They were running a large patrol between the lines and and they saw a large group of the enemy coming over. He started to set up a hasty ambush. They set up on a edge of a ditch. It was pretty open terrain so he had time to double check the machine guns and as he got back in position. He felt Ranger Potter (medic), who was right beside him and slightly below, blade his thigh with the back of his hand.

Dad said he was worried that maybe he saw another group or something was very wrong. Dad leaned down and Ranger Potter whispered as he pointed to his Thompson, “ Let em get closer”. Dad said he almost busted out laughing and didn’t wait.

Ranger Potter survived Korea and I believe he was in Vietnam and retired as SGM.

If you get a chance read, “Rangers In Korea” by Col Black. There is one chapter about 8th Abn Ranger. Read about the battle of Hill 1010. They had a shit load of wounded and wouldn’t leave anyone behind and decided to make a stand. What happened next was something they should have made a movie about.

If you look at the company picture in the test area. Col Black is directly behind my father.

Maas
Good history!
Old 8 February 2020, 14:07
been ***** **** that

I loved the Ranger medics, Doc Collado was my first. Nam medic! Doc Schymanski had to stitch me up twice one day......Jimmy Bynam (RIP) helped Doc Parsons(batt surgeon) put a cast on my leg..... What these dudes are doing these days sends chills down my spine!
Old 9 February 2020, 14:10
Been There Done That

My old company and Batt. Definitely leading the way!

Our new posting rules