SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Closed Thread

Old 18 June 2009, 00:16
That Others May Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
That wasn't an elephant, and she was only pink from the spanking!

From the quote about telling Capt's to sit down and shut up, I would guess he was a Loadmaster.
Old 18 June 2009, 17:03
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
That wasn't an elephant, and she was only pink from the spanking!
You remeber her too!!
Moses Lake? China Lake? Salt Lake? One of those lakes....
Old 18 June 2009, 19:14
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Chaser View Post
He introduces himself as AF Spec Ops, has AF Spec Ops on his personal business card and he used AF Spec Ops on his resume' to get this gig. For someone with his supposed back ground, he is absolutely a non-team player.

Has gone behind the team leads back and blasted him to the company leadership for what reason we don't know.

He intimidates others on the team with statements like "You don't know me, you don't want to mess with me", I'm not afraid of you", "I've seen the elephant, you haven't", etc.

While he may be legit, his actions scream "poser". I'm trying to determine if he is a poser or just a consumate unprofessional.
Tango,
From your info, it's difficult to tell who he is.
Invite him on Socnet to join the community and share his stories with us. Who knows, maybe he has operated with some of us!
Old 18 June 2009, 20:05
Confirmed User

He's on vacation for another week. I'll pump him for more info when he gets back. I'll invite him to log on here and see what he says.

Not sure what I'll do if he is a poser yet. Can't and don't want to get him fired so I'm not sure where this will go if he is full of BS. He does his job well which tells me he has a good bit of operations experience. We just are tired of the Spec Ops talk evertime there is an issue at work.
Old 18 June 2009, 21:36
Been There Done That

Quote:
He's on vacation for another week. I'll pump him for more info when he gets back. I'll invite him to log on here and see what he says.

Not sure what I'll do if he is a poser yet. Can't and don't want to get him fired so I'm not sure where this will go if he is full of BS. He does his job well which tells me he has a good bit of operations experience. We just are tired of the Spec Ops talk evertime there is an issue at work.
No reason to get him fired. Just call him out and then he will STFU! Life goes on...
Old 5 July 2009, 16:38
Almost Retired

The Air Force doesn't do Elephants. We do go Hawgin in the Security Forces though!
and a drummer
(I'm starting my own band)
Old 5 July 2009, 16:47
Been There Done That

wow-I had forgotten about this thread. I asked a few AFSOC CCT and PJ members on staff positions. Nobody was able to ID his duties or AFSC.
Old 5 July 2009, 16:58
Authorized Personnel

HOLY SHIT!

Where can I get a bottle of DTs?
Old 9 July 2009, 13:47
Confirmed User

Dude will be back from vacation next week. I'll let him get back into the swing of things and then interro.... I mean ask him some questions.
Old 14 July 2009, 04:00
I am into Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryfen-FL View Post
HOLY SHIT!

Where can I get a bottle of DTs?
BevMo store in USA. They also have Gulden Draak.

Regards,
Old 15 July 2009, 14:11
Confirmed User

OK, here's his back ground.

Superintendant at the following locations;

405th Air Expeditionary Wing Operations JTF-HOA

Pacific Rescue Coordination Center Hawaii

380th Air Expeditionary Wing operations Central Air Forces AO JTF-HOA

82nd Training Wing Command Sheppard AFB.

Are any of these assignments an Air Force Special Operations gig? Could they be? Or does this just sound like an operations job?
Old 15 July 2009, 18:35
Been There Done That

You mentioned that he said he was never a PJ. None of those assignments are solely an AFSOC gig, but that doesn't mean that an AFSOC troop couldn't pull a TDY to any of them. The 82nd Training Wing assignment is a very sllllllowwww speed gig. If he was there, he definitely had nothing to do with AFSOC. He maybe was a medic/EMT. PM me his name.
Old 15 July 2009, 21:05
Been There Done That

Ask him straight out if he was Command Post-- AFSC 1C3X1, with a slim possibility he was SERE AFSC 1T0X1, Superintendent greater possibility he was a 4N or in an Intelligence speciality (1N).

Regardless his pretense of being Specops and writing SAR manual is BS, ask him to identify one unit he was sustaining combat mission ready certifications at.
Old 16 July 2009, 05:39
Confirmed User

Those assignments were back to back. Wouldn't that negate the posibility of a TDY assignment?

he also mentioned he did has been in the same MOS his entire career. Makes me think he was in operations the whole time. Does the AF have an MOS jsut for personnel that work in operations?
Old 16 July 2009, 05:42
Confirmed User

Disregard my spelling errors. Just woke up after a night out and I'm still recovering. Fat fingers and blurred vision make for lousy typing.
Old 16 July 2009, 10:57
That Others May Live

I don't know any SOC assigned to the Pac RCC. It IS across the street from Hooters though.
Old 16 July 2009, 11:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Does the AF have an MOS just for personnel that work in operations?
The first numeric character of the Air Force AFSC indicates (career group), they are: 1 – Operations; 2 – Logistics; 3 – Support; 4 - Medical or Dental; 5 - Legal or Chaplain; 6 - Acquisition or Finance; 7 – Special Investigation; 8 - Special Duty Identifier; or, 9 – Reporting Identifier

However, this is somewhat misleading especially within the Operations designated career groups. As many of them are aircrew, mission support of aircraft sortie command and control (such as intel, command post, weather).

The Battlefield Airmen are those that directly assist, control, enable, and/or execute operational air and space power functions (AFDD 1) in the forward battlespace independent of an established airbase or its perimeter defenses. The specific Air Force battlefield Airmen Specialty Codes (AFSC) are: Combat Rescue Officers (CRO, 13DXA), Special Tactics Officers (STO, 13DXB), Pararescue Airmen (PJ, 1T2X1), Combat Control Airmen (CCT, 1C2X1), Tactical Air Control Personnel (TACP/ASOC, 1C4X1), Special Operations Weather Team (SOWT) Airmen (1W0X1)/Officers (15WX) and Battlefield Weather Airmen (1W0X1)/Officers (15WX).

Even within this group there is a demarcation of highly trained and qualified to just the basic expectations caused by some exist solely to support the Army and may not even have an airborne parachutist qualification. The Battlefield Weather Airman would be the best example as they exist to support Army units that are not Ranger or Special Forces. TACP is another exists solely to support the Army with some TACP in AFSOC and the others on the conventional side.
Old 16 July 2009, 15:17
Been There Done That

Let's just keep it simple. Outright ask this guy what was his job in AF Specops??? What role did he play in the AEW's he was assigned to.

His unit of assignment means nothing as many were assigned to AEW's.

No harm in asking!
Quote:
OK, here's his back ground.

Superintendant at the following locations;

405th Air Expeditionary Wing Operations JTF-HOA

Pacific Rescue Coordination Center Hawaii

380th Air Expeditionary Wing operations Central Air Forces AO JTF-HOA

82nd Training Wing Command Sheppard AFB.

Are any of these assignments an Air Force Special Operations gig? Could they be? Or does this just sound like an operations job?
Old 18 July 2009, 04:42
Confirmed User

He says his MOS is 1T2X1/1T0X1...Pararescue/SERE...

Now I'm confused. He said he wasn't a PJ. Maybe I heard wrong. Cananyone in the PJ/SERE community ID this guy as legit.
Old 18 July 2009, 09:48
BTDT

Quote:
He says his MOS is 1T2X1/1T0X1...Pararescue/SERE...

Now I'm confused. He said he wasn't a PJ. Maybe I heard wrong. Cananyone in the PJ/SERE community ID this guy as legit.
Ooops.............

I think this dude just really stepped on his crank if he's claiming to be a PJ, way too many of them here at SOCNET for him to pass if he's FOS.

He's claiming he was both a PJ and SERE? Wow.... what else is he going to claim next? Door Gunner on the space shuttle?

Our new posting rules