Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Movies and TV

Old 15 December 2011, 22:52
Confirmed User

I think the mole is the guy Este told to watch Carie. Maybe, i mean they did point out when they were talking that he is Middle Eastern and all that stuff and he is in the loop on all the info... though i dont believe he ever came in contact with the detainee to pass the razor, i think that was Brody.
Old 20 December 2011, 14:47
Psalm 91:2

Did you guys watch the season finale?

I don't think Saul is the mole. He would've known about the drone strike. He had to dig and resort to extreme measures to get the scoop on it.

Thought it was Estes but his butt was in that bunker with Brody. Don't think he'd go there if he were the mole. Asshole yes. Mole no.

I don't know how they're gonna write their way past Carrie's ending. The show's premise is her being an analyst. Curious as to how they are gonna expose Brody. Maybe via his nasty little daughter if she'll admit it. Maybe the mole will get caught and spill the beans.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley

Last edited by Linda1961; 20 December 2011 at 14:49. Reason: retardedness
Old 20 December 2011, 15:04
Confirmed User

Erm, Showtime, not HBO..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoepoe View Post
I enkoy Homeland. It is based on an Israeli single season show along similar lines but i enjoy the HBO's rendition better.
You can read more here:http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...4#.TuhJ-laGBWI
Old 21 December 2011, 13:14
Lost to PTSD AUG 2014 RIP Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
Did you guys watch the season finale?
I thought it was pretty good. I'm interested to see how Brody is going to safeguard the video he made before his suicide attack attempt. I didn't see the value in having Walker dead, but may Nazir thought he was a loose cannon and a threat to Brody's political run. A lot of action in the finale and it left the door open for some interesting new episodes.
Old 21 December 2011, 13:45
Authorized Personnel

Not sure how I liked the finally.
Text changed to white to avoid spoiling for those that did not see it. Highlight to view.
While ignoring certain inconsistencies is easy, Brody's freak out during the supposed detonation would have been really obvious to all around him. Even the switch in his hand went unnoticed.
WTF?
Old 21 December 2011, 19:23
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5wsf View Post
Text changed to white to avoid spoiling for those that did not see it. Highlight to view.
While ignoring certain inconsistencies is easy, Brody's freak out during the supposed detonation would have been really obvious to all around him. Even the switch in his hand went unnoticed.
WTF?
I concur. Seriously, no one noticed this dude that's going nuts? and a bright red detonator in his hand? WTF? SA fail for all...

2 man and 1 woman is flying towards gay mountain with no visibility at high speed - Johan
Old 22 December 2011, 03:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig View Post
I thought it was pretty good. I'm interested to see how Brody is going to safeguard the video he made before his suicide attack attempt. I didn't see the value in having Walker dead, but may Nazir thought he was a loose cannon and a threat to Brody's political run. A lot of action in the finale and it left the door open for some interesting new episodes.
Didn't Brody's memory card of the video get picked up at the dead drop? He left it in a crevice, made his mark w/ chalk then after it was all over went back and I didn't notice that he retrieved it looked like he was looking for it though.

I think Walker was too big of a target, i.e. publicity and he was well known so he had to go in case he got caught & ratted them out.

Only way I see Carrie coming back is if she starts breaking the thing wide open and they realize her mental condition actually causes her to make the necessary connections. Or maybe they will utilize her relationship to Brody and exploit it.

Definitely interesting episodes coming. Saul might use his blackmail info into getting her reinstated because he feels guilty for throwing her under the bus at the site the attack happened at. It caused her to get desperate & go to Brody's house. Saul may feel guilty about that and make a move.

Still have no real clue who the mole is though.

Tolerating evil leads only to more evil. And when good people stand by and do nothing while wickedness reigns, their communities will be consumed. Bob Riley
Old 22 December 2011, 03:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5wsf View Post

WTF?
Ditto. How could no one notice? The writers are making the Secret Service people look like clueless idiots.

Old 1 September 2012, 16:21
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I like the show, although I've found parts of it pretty predictable, such as Walker actually being alive and that Brody would still be Abu Nazir's primary operative. The only thing I haven't figured out is which of the CIA officers is complict, although I have my suspicions. Still haven't watched episodes 11 and 12.

And could somebody school me on the digital clocks at CIA HQ, when they're all meeting in one of the earlier episodes?

There's three time zones shown top to bottom, starting with Langely at 2520 hours, Zulu at 2920 and one at the bottom I couldn't quite make out.

Is there some other time protocol other than a 24 hour clock? I feel kind of stupid for even asking, as if maybe it's something so obvious and logical I should get it right off the bat. Maybe there's another way of telling time that is restricted to those with a TS or higher clearance.
Old 1 October 2012, 23:30
On the Extract Bird

Watched my first episode this Sunday (30 Sep). I'll definitely watch the rest, but found it a bit hoakie. Right off the bat...at least give the guy in the USMC uniform a proper damn haircut! C'mon, this is 2012...the American people know what a Marine looks like, and that aint it. Show a little dedication to the production and cut the fucker's hair! I was surprised to see the main character (the Marine) using the old spy drop process in a DC park....major hoakie and overdone. The blond chick sure has the world's greatest string of bad luck/good luck.

But I like the premise of the show. Would have been better done by HBO, IMNSHO.
Old 1 October 2012, 23:49
Been There Done That

I just finished Season 1. Liked it a lot. Some of it is predictable, other stuff not so much. But it is a good show and of course it's going to have some Hollywood shit in there.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 2 October 2012, 18:07
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

I'm still wondering what method of timekeeping they were using at CIA Headquarters.

I've never seen anything other than a 24 hour clock. Maybe they figured if they added a few hours to each time zone it would just make the show that much more awesome.
Old 2 October 2012, 21:38
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda1961 View Post
I don't know how they're gonna write their way past Carrie's ending. The show's premise is her being an analyst.

Actually, in the show she is portrayed as a Case Officer. Analysts don't recruit and run sources.

Good show though. As was said, somewhat predictable but still entertaining. I just want to know which part of CIA HQ they are in that doesn't have the typical cube farm.
You can have yours, just give me mine
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night
Stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right

-ZZ Top
Old 3 October 2012, 01:44
War on Christmas veteran

Season 2:
Nitpicks so far...

Minor nitpick:
The female Army Major wearing a CIB... yes, it's a CIB, not a CAB.
Major nitpick:
Brody (now a congressman) has just been tapped as a possible VP running mate for the next Presidential election, thus putting him in a hell of a position for his badguy handlers... yet they risked blowing his cover just to get him to break into a safe???
WTF?
You can have your very own sleeper agent in the White House... and you put him at risk to break into a safe?
Nothing gained from that safe would be more useful than having him in the WH.

LRSD rhymes with thirsty

"The only rational patriotism is loyalty to the nation all the time,
and loyalty to the government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
--Groucho Marx
Old 3 October 2012, 05:05
Been There Done That

I am working here in the UAE and my wife and I just started watching it, We are hooked, I can hardly wait for the next week episode. And whats up with the jazz music in the beginning, makes me uneasy.
Old 3 October 2012, 07:27
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Five Romeo View Post
Season 2:
Nitpicks so far...

Minor nitpick:
The female Army Major wearing a CIB... yes, it's a CIB, not a CAB.
Major nitpick:
Brody (now a congressman) has just been tapped as a possible VP running mate for the next Presidential election, thus putting him in a hell of a position for his badguy handlers... yet they risked blowing his cover just to get him to break into a safe???
WTF?
You can have your very own sleeper agent in the White House... and you put him at risk to break into a safe?
Nothing gained from that safe would be more useful than having him in the WH.
That's Homeland for ya. . .thanks for the reminder of why I'm not tuning in this season.
Old 4 October 2012, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Actually, in the show she is portrayed as a Case Officer. Analysts don't recruit and run sources.

Good show though. As was said, somewhat predictable but still entertaining. I just want to know which part of CIA HQ they are in that doesn't have the typical cube farm.
My bad re: case officer vs analyst.......er...uh...what is a "cube farm"?

I kinda thought it was lame how they got Carrie back into the game in the 2nd season opener.

Re: the mole....passing along big time info to the muslim news lady and to get the safe # in Estes office.....I mean would he allow that info to be out there? I sure wouldn't. If I died my safe could be cracked open with a blow torch or something. I'd never, ever let anyone other than me know the #. And one would think he'd have counter measures for audio/visual surveillance to find it out that way. I don't think Estes is the mole....if he turns out to be it would be too obvious.

The mole has some juice though to coordinate his leaving at just the right moment etc.

Guy who interrupted the meeting could be him.

Shows are great to watch but they have to have at least an element of common sense....Exmple: the Secret Service trained to watch for people acting exactly as Brody did in the shelter especially on high alert not noticing all that sweating, jigging around and that very obvious red trigger in his hand.....worst part of the entire 1st season.

Old 4 October 2012, 13:28
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedParrot View Post
That's Homeland for ya. . .thanks for the reminder of why I'm not tuning in this season.
It's much more realistic to spend your time reading up on how America's going to be submitted by Islam...

Old 4 October 2012, 13:29
Been There Done That

Linda and Co....

Check this out. Before you post about a TV show or a movie in detail include this in bold, big fucking letters:

SPOILER ALERT

Thanks...

Old 4 October 2012, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
Linda and Co....

Check this out. Before you post about a TV show or a movie in detail include this in bold, big fucking letters:

SPOILER ALERT

Thanks...
Sorry.

Our new posting rules