SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 8 October 2014, 23:05
jump fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoceantraveler View Post
HI, guys (and surprisingly other gals!)

I am a former 35F switching to medic on the outside. I was directed here by some of my "friends" ((who I think were joking now that I read other female posts)). All I said was that I am missing being overseas. Well, reading the posts, I feel almost right at home...and then I read the girl posts and feel like I should say, 'Where are my oven mitts, beer opener, and bikinis? I'm out of uniform!' Oh well.

Nice meeting you all. :)

Thanks for letting me on the site.
Well, I'm pretty sure someone will ask shortly...
Grief comes, but time will ease the pain.
Life ends, but death cannot erase it.
In memory, they will always remain.
Old 9 October 2014, 05:58
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoceantraveler View Post
HI, guys (and surprisingly other gals!)

I am a former 35F switching to medic on the outside. I was directed here by some of my "friends" ((who I think were joking now that I read other female posts)). All I said was that I am missing being overseas. Well, reading the posts, I feel almost right at home...and then I read the girl posts and feel like I should say, 'Where are my oven mitts, beer opener, and bikinis? I'm out of uniform!' Oh well.

Nice meeting you all. :)

Thanks for letting me on the site.
Welcome!

Pro forma question-

Are you hot?
Old 9 October 2014, 09:38

First, I am not, and never was, Special Forces in any branch of any military.

I enlisted in the Michigan Army National Guard in 2006 as an Infantryman, and later reclassed to 25B (Systems Administrator). Finally, I spent my last deployment as part of the Company Intelligence Support Team.

Two Deployments: Ramadi, Iraq (2008) and Kunduz, Afghanistan (2012)

I left the military in January of 2013.

I am currently the head Server Administrator for Aisin, an automotive supplier.

I am interested in history and politics. However, politics from a very analytical perspective, rather than a partisan one.
Old 9 October 2014, 13:45

Hello

My name is Jason, I thought I did this weeks ago when I first signed up for account. Guess not. Well anyways I was USMC for 5 years. I was a stitch bitch, parachute rigger with HMLA-369. Did two westpacs aboard USS Bonhomme Richard LHD-6. I worked on skids, hueys and cobras. been out many years EAS September 02.
Old 9 October 2014, 19:50

Greetings all,
I am an 11year Corpsman that just separated from the Navy yesterday. I've been stationed with the Marine Infantry the majority of my career and have been deployed four times. Three to Iraq and once to Afghanistan.

I've been browsing this sight for a couple weeks now and found tons of valuable information. I would just like to thank you gentlemen for sharing this info, it has helped me develop a pretty solid plan and has truly made my transitioning process easier, and much less uncertain. I hope to return the favor soon and will contribute as needed. Again thank you.
Old 9 October 2014, 21:48
Calculating Infinity...

Welcome Dutchman, and thank you for your service.
Old 11 October 2014, 12:06

I was an 0311 in 3rd Battalion 5th Marines from 2005-2010 until going to Division Schools. I remained there until my EAS in 2013 and then I immediately went into the National Guard. I am currently a SGT in an (ABN) LRS unit and waiting for a training date for WPS/PSS course.
Old 12 October 2014, 09:09

FNG here, just a civilian who appreciates and respects those who serve. Here to learn, not to talk much. Thank you.
Old 13 October 2014, 14:32

Intro

Former FMF Navy Corpsman, spent most of my time in beautiful 29Palms. Went into commercial diving after leaving the military and spent the last few years as an offshore medic/safety officer for a commercial diving company.
Old 15 October 2014, 12:11

Thanks for adding me,

I am not military, definitely not SF.

I am a civilian Emergency Room RN and Firefighter/PHRN. I joined the site to keep abreast of current trends in military medical care and to gain some insight on the contracting world as it pertains to remote medicine, and relief work opportunities.
Old 15 October 2014, 17:55

Old but not dead yet

Greetings:

Thank you for allowing me to join. I'm kinda cherry when it comes to sites like this, so forgive any faux pas or breaches in site protocol.

I served in the NJANG for 6 years (Infantry). Went the commissioning route and made 2LT but then had to walk away after just a short two years. Divorce and career drama forced me to lose something and the only thing I could jettison without major damage was the army. Hindsight... wrong choice.

I retired after 25 years in LE a few months ago. Amazing job. I did pretty much every job out there. Patrolled the streets of NO after Katrina, dug in the rubble at WTC (notice I didn't say ground zero? We hate that tag.) If it exists in the LE field, I've done it. Any help I can offer is free and just a mouse click away.

Anyway, thanks again for letting me in and thank you all for your service.

Mac

PS I'm still proud that I got to be a 2LT, but I'm ready for the jokes. Bring it!

Last edited by K2LtMac; 15 October 2014 at 18:00.
Old 18 October 2014, 11:20

Hello all,

I'm an 11B in the 1/509th (OPFOR). I get out of the Army in 10 days (Medical retirement). In January I start my freshman year of college. I'll be attending John's Hopkins. Majoring in Pre Med, with strong interests in Infectious Disease and Emergency Medicine.

I've been a lurker here since I was a child. Seriously I remember the log with a Trident on it thread.

Have a nice day!
Old 18 October 2014, 20:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH44 View Post
Hello all,

I'm an 11B in the 1/509th (OPFOR). I get out of the Army in 10 days (Medical retirement). In January I start my freshman year of college. I'll be attending John's Hopkins. Majoring in Pre Med, with strong interests in Infectious Disease and Emergency Medicine.

I've been a lurker here since I was a child. Seriously I remember the log with a Trident on it thread.

Have a nice day!
Welcome and good luck!
Old 19 October 2014, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR.Montcalm View Post
Welcome and good luck!
Thank you, Sergeant Major!
Old 19 October 2014, 15:27
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH44 View Post
That was a sweet thread
Old 19 October 2014, 22:12

Old Newbie

I am Retired Army EOD but try to stay aware/connected to the Military and EOD. Could not handle the FB drama so I killed my FB acct and looking for a site without all the FB BS. I don't care if you died your dogs hair blue unless it burst into flames while you were drying it. When not doing UXO work I am chained to a desk in an office with people who say they are/were SOCOM or SOCOM support. Either these people are blowing smoke or there are a lot more fat people in SOCOM then there used to be. Thanks for letting me in the door.
Old 19 October 2014, 23:07

Hello, Norwegian fellow here. Mostly here to learn , and prepare my self selection. il try to avoid dumb questions but i will use search function first. Thanx to admins for adding me. Im former military, 1 year contract sort off. Norwegian thingy, not a a carrer soldier like many of you.
Thank you
Old 20 October 2014, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegiAn89 View Post
Hello, Norwegian fellow here. Mostly here to learn , and prepare my self selection. il try to avoid dumb questions but i will use search function first. Thanx to admins for adding me. Im former military, 1 year contract sort off. Norwegian thingy, not a a carrer soldier like many of you.
Thank you
1 year mandatory national service does not constitute a contract...
Old 20 October 2014, 14:34

Thanks for the approval!
Not military, or at least not yet. Navy doc at N3M DQ'd me from MEPS due to my Beta Thalassemia Minor causing low hemoglobin level. So waiting on waiver.

I am a wrestler and Judo competitor. Seriously considered SEALs but decided to go aviation route which has hit a major road block. Wanted to join here because I considered becoming part of the FBI's HRT since the aviation route possibly wont work out. I know that a good number of former operators make up a large number of the HRT squads and hopefully I can get insight on the process. Working on becoming a police officer while I wait for this waiver BS to get the ball rolling for the FBI. All help is appreciated, thanks again!
Old 20 October 2014, 21:36

Hello, all. SEAL wannabe here.

Plan is to get into PST-demolishing shape by my college graduation in Aug '15 and apply for an officer OCS slot for FY '16.

Till then, I'll be lurking and working my ass off.

Thanks for the approval.

Our new posting rules