SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > Welcome To SOCNET > Introduce Yourself With Your First Post Here

Old 29 December 2015, 17:51

Good day everyone!

I am currently a civilian, turning 26 next month, but I've been trying to rid myself of the disease ever since high school. Family obligations and loyalty to friends have taken me through the roller coaster that is living in China and building a startup. However the light at the end of the tunnel shines bright; almost vested and wrapping up my last project. I am hauling my ass back stateside in Feb and looking up my local recruiter.

I cannot remember the last time I was so nervous about something!
Old 29 December 2015, 19:36

This is my introduction :

My name is Jim Parrish, a close and dear friend of mine who happens to be a retired S.E.A.L team member (circa Vietnam era) and a fellow Masonic brother is looking for a Springfield M1A with a day/night scope at a reasonable price. I have accepted the responsibility of the search for such a prise as he is very near and dear to me and the rest of his family. Dan Holland is his name, and if you served with him, I would and I'm positive that he would love to hear from you. He has been battling cancer from Agent Orange that was so liberally applied during thenaforementioned "Conflict".

While talking about our favorite firearms he mentioned that if he could find the aforementioned rifle at a pric that he could afford, it would make him happier than anything.

I'm am not trolling for an inexpensive rifle here, I want to make this happen for this national treasure with whom I've had the personal pleasure to make friends with. He would like a full on , National Match grade rifle and scope.

I want nothing more than to find it for him.

Thanks for your time and service to our great country,

James Parrish
Xxxxxx

Any help locating the rifle he is looking for would be appreciated, thank you and God Bless

Last edited by Silverbullet; 29 December 2015 at 23:22. Reason: I removed your phone number and email. Be careful with that
Old 30 December 2015, 04:29

Hello, I'm Jesse

5 YEARS contracting DOD FORCE PRO jobs
1 year PGSS program
Old 30 December 2015, 04:32

Hello I 'm Jesse

2 years corrections,
5 years FORCE PRO
1 year PGSS program

If you don't know the contractors creed... Start memorizing it!!
Old 30 December 2015, 05:48
Been There Done That

Haha. Great intro. Time for popcorn.
Old 30 December 2015, 10:00
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingshadow View Post
Hello I 'm Jesse

2 years corrections,
5 years FORCE PRO
1 year PGSS program

Blazingassclown and what may that be, "rape the client long and hard?"
Old 30 December 2015, 10:04

Hello, Chad here.

Local government since I was 18. Volunteer fire fighter 2 days out of HS. Followed by EMT-B then Paramedic. Now a career fire fighter, paramedic, as well as a peace officer here in the great state of Texas. I am working on obtaining my TCCC instructor and other things to start teaching some trauma courses.
Old 30 December 2015, 10:33
היה אישם עשה משהו

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidf86 View Post
Hello guyz! Happy holidays to ya'll, I'm humble and excited to introduce myself in front of respectful community.

So to, I'm 29 yo male originally from Israel and moved to the US 6 years ago.
I could write more but I wanted to be concise, Respectfully, sincerely and god bless yall
R.F
ברוך הבא. Like you, I am one of the guests here from the IDF. There are a few of us.

Sounds like you managed to do a lot in just a few years of service. Good for you. And a degree, too! In my time, the IDF only sent officers through university. Combat officers had to wait a few years into their 'professional' contract before they got to do it. That's a very nice perk for you!

Good luck with your service in the USA.

חובש 09.
Old 30 December 2015, 11:28
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidf86 View Post
Hello guyz! Happy holidays to ya'll, I'm humble and excited to introduce myself in front of respectful community.

So to, I'm 29 yo male originally from Israel and moved to the US 6 years ago.
I was born and raised in the Israeli country side and in my youth I was and athlete and martial artist, nothing too glorified though.

Upon arriving to the age of 18 like every Israeli citizen I enlisted in the IDF, volunteered and was selected to go through the course of an Airborne commando undercover unit, and after a grueling year and half of training I graduate the course successfully. Unfortunately the call of duty came many times and i gained combat experience in various region like Lebanon Gaza Strip Syria west bank Egypt etc. I finished my service in the IDF after few years as a SSG.

During my military service I received a B.A in middle eastern studies/Islamic studies and became proficient in several languages including Arabic

I moved to U.S fell in love with the ppl and the land and decided that before I can exploit the land I need to give it a service, so I signed an 11x option 4 contract. Im shipping out to FT Benning 20160315 as an E-4. Unfortunately I'm a resident and not citizen yet, so I couldn't request option 40. So I will get my citizenship at OSUT and work my way to earn RASP slot during or after AIRBORNE school, due to my prior service, experience in the middle eastern theater and language/ academic skills I choose to serve and do my part, again.

During my IDF service I trained with few Unit from USSOCOM including the SF and the 75thRR (anybody who was in israel between 04 to 10 pm me pls ). so serving my new country when i hace you guys tp my left and right to watch my 6, will be a dream, privilege and a feeling of closing the circle.

As I'm writing this post people are getting stabbed and shot in israel, and our enemies are plotting against us
As the bible say: "if someone coming to kill you, arise against him and kill him first"

I could write more but I wanted to be concise, Respectfully, sincerely and god bless yall
R.F
From one Israeli guest to another - welcome. You have an interesting career path, I hope you succeed.
I hope I'm not out of line is saying that this is a great site and your time here will be most enjoyable if you remember that on this board, we (Israel and IDF) are not the center of the universe.

Good luck.

Wasn't "Thou shalt not fuck with mine people" a commandment or something?? God even used semtex on a bush to get his point across ...am I wrong? - DCH

The Bedouin took his revenge after 40 years and said: "I was in a hurry"
Old 30 December 2015, 13:29
Anesthetized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingshadow View Post
Hello I 'm Jesse

2 years corrections,
5 years FORCE PRO
1 year PGSS program

I must know the ways of the "contractors creed", please expound upon the mystical sounding "contractors creed" and why we must learn it. Teach me Obi-Wan

Thank you, and welcome to Socnet.

Support SOCNET.

Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic. (MICP)
Old 30 December 2015, 15:54

Hello All,

I was a Land Combat Electronic Missile Repairer on active duty for 11 years. Got out to finish college, decided to go PSYOP on the reserve side. Since I'm a cadet with prior experience and we don't have a LT, I am currently the acting detatchment OIC. Looking to learn all I can about leading Soldiers and PSYOP. Units I've been a part of are: 173rd BSB/2-503, 101st 1-506, 391st CSSB, 1ID 299 BSB, now in 362nd TPC.

Thanks,
BnR
Old 30 December 2015, 16:35
Did...did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
Blazingassclown and what may that be, "rape the client long and hard?"
Found it: http://www.c4i.org/pmc-creed.html
"I am a U.S. contractor. I look out for myself, the operators to my left and right, and no one else...."
Old 31 December 2015, 09:49
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmueller View Post
"I am a U.S. contractor. I look out for myself, the operators to my left and right, and no one else...."
Call me old school but I was taught that the client was a pretty important element of the job

Kids these days.
Old 31 December 2015, 10:54
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Call me old school but I was taught that the client was a pretty important element of the job

Kids these days.
Ahhh ok ....disregard. I actually read the silly thing - the "kids these days" statement still is relevant though
Old 31 December 2015, 13:14

thanks for the add.

i was an MP in the KY National Guard from 2005-2011. i was in the 1103rd MP CO till 2007, then transferred to the 223rd MP CO when i heard they were going to Iraq. stayed with them till i got out in 2011.

just the one deployment from Jan 08 till Feb 09. i was a gunner, highest rank SPC. bounced around from camp liberty, taji, and rustimaya. worked with the 25th ID for a couple months.

2 years working as a deputy jailer in my home town, then got on at a local USP as a Correctional Officer. worked there 3 years, currently medically retired.

just looking for a place to bs with my brothers/sisters, maybe even get a security job somewhere if possible.
Old 31 December 2015, 15:19

Simple interests

I'm a full-time Corrections Officer, a firefighter/EMT, a father, and a firearms enthusiast. I enjoy assembling AR-15's in my spare time, and reading as much as I can about guns and history.
Old 31 December 2015, 17:27

Researching Ranger medics

Hi. My name is Sarah and I'm writing an article for publication in the AMEDD Journal on Ranger medics. I work for OTSG and my boss is a Ranger PA. I'm hoping to gather useful information, stories and details I can use in my article. I'm also looking for info on Doc Donovan. I have a great story about hoe he walked for 2 days across the desert in Kuwait on a broken foot, alone, to get to an aid station. How you find your way in the desert I can't imagine but I have another article I might want to include that story in. I understand that he's still working, but retired from the military. I would be grateful if someone would direct him to me, or has first hand knowledge of the story. Anyway, I'm not here checking up on anyone or snooping, you'll be able to read the published article in a few months. My boss is speaking at a conference on the subject in March so I have to be at least approved for publication by then. I'll post this same stuff in a new thread to collect the info. Thank you all for your service, bravery and sacrifice. I remain eternally grateful.
Old 31 December 2015, 18:10

Greetings SOCNET Folks,
Spent 28 yrs in SF as as a 18D/18A; 4yrs as a contractor in Iraq & Afghanistan. Looking forward to informed comments from the SOCNET team!
Very Respectfully
opns07
Old 31 December 2015, 21:07

New Join

Hello everyone. I'm happy to be a member. I'm an active duty Marine with 10 years in who's looking to transition to civilian life after my 12 year mark. I hope to network with people here to help with the transition (possible jobs for vets) and general discussion on anything that may come up. Hope everyone has a happy New Year.
Willy.
Old 31 December 2015, 21:17
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Hello everyone. I'm happy to be a member. I'm an active duty Marine with 10 years in who's looking to transition to civilian life after my 12 year mark. I hope to network with people here to help with the transition (possible jobs for vets) and general discussion on anything that may come up. Hope everyone has a happy New Year.
Willy.
Welcome aboard, Leatherneck!

Our new posting rules