Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Pararescue (PJs)

Old 4 April 2017, 13:12

Verification of possible PJ/CCT

A friend brought up this guy today who has claimed to be a former PJ and a few other things.
His name is Donnie Francis who joined the Air Force in 1974, then retired as a CMSgt in maybe 1991. He claims to of been SERE, PJ, CCT and an enlisted helo pilot which I find funny. He's easy to find on Facebook if you type in his name he is the first to pop up and has a pic in blues.
If you can verify thanks if not thank you for trying!
Old 4 April 2017, 13:48

https://scontent.ftpa1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...47&oe=595224E5

Here's his picture if this link works
Old 11 April 2017, 22:35
Been There Done That

I had been in when he claims to have been a Chief. Neve heard of him.
Old 12 April 2017, 15:49

Thanks PJ1 I kinda figured when he claimed to be an enlisted Helo pilot along with everything else he claims
Old 13 July 2017, 19:35
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Just for fun I looked up Donnie Francis online, is this the same guy?

http://www.kitsapdailynews.com/news/...x-pilots-life/

Aside from anything else he put up on facebook, the fact that he claimed that he was piloting a Cobra when he was shot down tells you everything you need to know.

Namely, that he's full of shit.
Old 13 July 2017, 20:11
Been There Done That

So a USAF enlisted Cobra pilot in Desert Storm is shot down and wakes up in a German hospital rather than an American hospital somewhere... riiighttt....

Somebody correct me if I err... last time the AF had enlisted pilots of ANY description was WWII?
Old 13 July 2017, 20:25
Been There Done That

Did the AF ever have Cobras?
Old 13 July 2017, 22:13
Six Minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
Did the AF ever have Cobras?

Nope
Old 13 July 2017, 22:26
True Origin Not Known

Yep

No USAF snake drivers. Shit, they keep trying to retire the A-10. Ground support are children of a lesser God.

Are you fucking serious? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week...and I'm at a senior staff planning conference, so, the bar has been set pretty high. You should be proud. - Gavin
Old 14 July 2017, 20:32

Yeah I think this was the guy. I'd forgotten I'd posted this. The guys I was checking on this for called him out but he insisted he's telling the truth.
Old 15 July 2017, 10:30
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetAFSecurity View Post
The guys I was checking on this for called him out but he insisted he's telling the truth.
Invite him to SN to verify his claim. It should be fun. How posers think they can spread their bullshit in the day of the internet always amazes me. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

I flew AF helos from 1985 to 2008, and I've never seen or heard of an enlisted pilot in the AF after WWII. He's FOS on this claim. Strike one:

https://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...e-world-war-ii

The AF has never flown Cobras in an operational capacity. Never. There was (IIRC) a test bed AH-1 flown at Edwards and later flown at NASA AMES for test purposes, but the only helo gunships in the AF (Post Vietnam) were UH-1N models flown at Hurlburt and Howard. Strike two.

Since the poser claims to have been "shot down" in an AF Cobra during DS, and the AF never HAD any operational Cobras, obviously this claim is bogus. If he gives some bullshit about it being while he was an AF pilot "attached" to the Army flying Cobras, he's FOS. While the AF did indeed have a surplus of helo pilots in the late '80s and early '90s, no AF pilots that I know of were flying with the Army in operational units until after DS, when the "Peace Dividend" and subsequent manning drawdown forced the AF to "loan" helo pilots to the Army for an exchange tour. Strike three.

This guy is completely full of shit. Burn his ass. If you need a wingman for the burning, feel free to contact me.
Old 17 July 2017, 17:11
Been There Done That

Early 80 till 90s we used UH1N, Paves, Slicks and a few black hawks for test in the little picture around Hurby. All the enlisted guys that wanted to fly, huey guys, crossed over to the Army and warrant program.

William Tecumseh Sherman-
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast.

Last edited by pavegnr; 17 July 2017 at 17:12. Reason: sp

Our new posting rules