Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 7 December 2017, 18:23
Pele's Bucket of Fire?...never heard of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by usacivpol View Post
One of my photos Of Lt. Gen. Townsend has been picked up by the Nigerians and used for online dating scams. It is probably my most viewed photo.

Address in TX will be a mail drop, not as in a PO box place, but someone who is getting a few bucks to help with an "international business venture" by forwarding packages. Plenty of suckers doing that left holding the bag when the feds come knocking.
He has probably the coolest intro to a wiki page I've ever seen (Early Life and Education portion of the page, actually):

Quote:
Townsend was born in Scheinfeld in 1959 to a German art student mother and an Afghan medical student father, the result of a love affair.[1] He was adopted soon after birth by an American military family in Germany.
Kind of interesting to imagine what kind of turn his life might have taken if he had returned to Afghanistan to live with his father.
Old 7 December 2017, 19:13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
He has probably the coolest intro to a wiki page I've ever seen (Early Life and Education portion of the page, actually):

Kind of interesting to imagine what kind of turn his life might have taken if he had returned to Afghanistan to live with his father.

I find him very personable, but then there are no article 15's in my future.
Old 7 December 2017, 19:19

Funny thing about article 15's, nobody truly knows what the future holds.

Somehow over the 4 years I spent on active duty, I was able to turn what should have been at least 3 article 15's into counseling statements. I watched a bunch of guys, especially at DLI, drop like flies for what I thought were lesser offenses.
Old 8 December 2017, 19:06
BT,WBTWC

Here is a redacted copy of the photo associated with the request. She appears to be a real soldier, who may be unaware that her photo has been appropriated for illegal purposes.
But I think that you can see why the [male] person in my office [NOT me] was smitten by the attention.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6164.jpg (33.6 KB, 265 views)
Old 8 December 2017, 19:15

Hmmm. Would definitely fraternize. But hard to tell with the black bars. I might get a little dumb around a rocking bod, but I'll go full retard for the whole package with a pretty face.
Old 8 December 2017, 19:41
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Hmmm. Would definitely fraternize. But hard to tell with the black bars. I might get a little dumb around a rocking bod, but I'll go full retard for the whole package with a pretty face.
Maybe in person. But $$ and things of value over the internet?
Nada.

bravodelta: "If they start taxing lapdances, I think I'll call it quits and become a chaplain."
Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!
Old 8 December 2017, 19:51
Authorized Personnel

Wonder if she can clean fish or rebuild a LT1/350? That's what turns me on at this point in my life.
Old 8 December 2017, 19:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Maybe in person. But $$ and things of value over the internet?
Nada.
Truth.
Old 8 December 2017, 20:02
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsniper View Post
Wonder if she can clean fish or rebuild a LT1/350? That's what turns me on at this point in my life.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm1totidRew

He sums it up for you ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp - But don't cut yourself!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 8 December 2017, 20:43
BT,WBTWC

Several members have PM'd me with other instances of that photograph, but associated with another last name.
Yet the nametag in the unredacted photo is not the name on the other instances. Perhaps it's a matter of maiden name vs. married name. She appears to be a handsome woman with appearance consistent with stated age of 42, and with those awards and decorations she presents as a woman who would have no difficulty attracting a gentleman of quality.
Old 8 December 2017, 20:44
Confirmed User

Chek my second PM, names match.
Old 9 December 2017, 03:03
Confirmed User

fight back!
419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!
www.419eater.com/
419Eater.com is a website dedicated to the fight against 419 and Internet scams. Read about the exploits of our anti scam Scam Baiters who fight the good fight by taking on the scammers, wasting their time and saving victims from further losses. Join our forums to read more adventures in scambaitingi, 419 Eater.
Old 9 December 2017, 09:34

Don't know about handsome, but she probably is cross eyed so the black out is a plus.
Old 9 December 2017, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockville View Post
fight back!
419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!
www.419eater.com/
419Eater.com is a website dedicated to the fight against 419 and Internet scams. Read about the exploits of our anti scam Scam Baiters who fight the good fight by taking on the scammers, wasting their time and saving victims from further losses. Join our forums to read more adventures in scambaitingi, 419 Eater.
That's a pretty good site, I haven't checked it out in awhile. Here's a scambait that I just chose at random out of the many listed, it's pretty funny. Especially when they get to the part of trying to recover some stolen money from inside a cow's vagina.

http://www.419eater.com/html/moses_hand.htm
Old 18 December 2017, 15:45

Hahaha, I just got this in the email a few minutes ago. Pretty creative story, considering the people this is coming from:

Quote:
Dear Beloved

Good day and compliments, I know this letter will definitely come to you as a surprise, but I implore you to take time to go through it carefully as the decision to go a long way in determining my future and continued existence .Please let me present myself.i am Louis Brown, fourth Battalion, 64th Armored Regiment unit that patrols here Helmand province, Afghanistan. I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned the courage to contact you.

I am currently in Afghanistan and came across your contact details in an electronic journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $25Million dollars (Twenty Five Million US Dollars) to you, so I can be sure it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY:

Some money in dollars was discovered and concealed in barrels at a place in the province of Helman, when a foot patrol was conducted and it was agreed by all party present that the money is split between us.this might seem like a thing make it illegal but I tell you? No compensation can compensate for the risks we have taken with our lives in this previous hellhole.The figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a contact Canadian who works with the UN here (his office enjoys some immunity) I was able to get the package to a safe place totally out of focus problems. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes belongs to an American who died in an air strike that before leaving trusted me to deliver the package to his close relative.

Now I have found a surefire way to get the package out of Afghanistan for you to collect. I do not know how long I'll be here, and I've been lucky to survive two suicide attacks with explosives perpetrated by Pure Divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have led me to ask for help. If I might be of interest and then Endeavor to contact me immediately and we would work out the necessary paperwork, but I pray that you are discreet about this mutually beneficial relationship.

Respectfully,

Captain Louis Brown,
US Soldier Afghanistan
Someone needs to find this Pure Divine intervention terror cell and deceasify them in complete confidence for the Beloved.
Old 18 December 2017, 17:27

This case was tailor made for Wilberforce.

Our new posting rules