SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 11 December 2017, 08:58
Conquer Life.

Explosion in Manhattan?

BBC reporting an explosion in Manhattan... not very much info now. Hope all our NYC members are safe.

Quote:
Police say they are ‘responding to reports of explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave’ and are evacuating the A, C and E subway lines...
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42312293

"When your ruck gets too heavy, someone on this site will always help you carry it." - Chimo
Old 11 December 2017, 09:11
Voodoo guru

More:

The FDNY said they located a device near the passageway between the A and 1 trains, and that it's possible this was a terror attack.
Police have taken one man into custody, who was allegedly wearing a device with wires on him.
It's unclear if there have been any victims, but there are dozens of ambulances in the area.
Law enforcement agencies have responded to the scene and have set up a perimeter around the area.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz50xQyPcIR

"Let's make this weird", ~Mike2CW
Old 11 December 2017, 09:14
Authorized Personnel

Prayers out...

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 11 December 2017, 09:18
Authorized Personnel

Reports I'm seeing are that a pipe bomb partially detonated inside of a passageway there at the port authority. So far seeing 2 injuries, 1 of which is reportedly the perp himself.
Old 11 December 2017, 09:29
Confirmed User

I work in the city (by Grand Central these days.) I'm on a later train this morning thanks to NJT canceling trains. NJT PD K-9 just walked the train before we left Trenton.
Old 11 December 2017, 10:21
Been There Done That

Reading like an isis cult terrorist.
Wonder if the Jerusalem move spurred him to action or whether this was planned and he was reading too much dabiq.
Old 11 December 2017, 10:33
Drawing my cutlass

Just spoke with my brother, except for the area surrounding the Port Authority the city is functioning as normal as possible. Earlier, my SIL got stuck on the D line due to the incident and was delayed by 45 minutes. My Dad has to cross midtown later today so I'm a little concerned about his movement.

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 11 December 2017, 10:44
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hile View Post
I work in the city (by Grand Central these days.) I'm on a later train this morning thanks to NJT canceling trains. NJT PD K-9 just walked the train before we left Trenton.
You ain't getting to work today.

Looks like it was an ND of the pipe bomb walking up to the subway car which is good, if he had gotten on the crowded car it would have been F'd up.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/11/explos...-bus-terminal/
Old 11 December 2017, 11:29
Confirmed User

Safely at my office. Penn Station was a shit show. I actually saw too *few* Amtrak cops with carbines.
Old 11 December 2017, 11:30

The retards seem to be getting a lot wrong lately. I've always wondered if NYC, big brother capital of America (next to DC), has other 'secret' measures (like those backscatter xray vans 'we' supposedly weren't supposed to know about) in place to monitor shit or, say, prematurely detonate pipebombs enroute to their end destination.
Old 11 December 2017, 14:18

More information at this site :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...n-inmanhattan/
Old 11 December 2017, 14:48
regular speed jerk, not a high speed jerk

One day these pricks will start to get it together... At least as well as the two (not to be named) pricks and the Boston marathon.

Do something like that on a commuter train... coordinate with some other asshole to do it in a security line in an airport...

They just have to be right once.
Old 11 December 2017, 14:52
regular speed jerk, not a high speed jerk

This just makes me think, of when my wife rolls her eyes at me putting a little blowout kit in my laptop bag, along with my surefire, and daily carry shit, couple of other things. Imagine being underground, in one of those moving tuna cans when some device goes off.

A handfull of chem lights, some pressure bandages, and shit might be worth their weight in gold.
Old 11 December 2017, 15:12

Not to derail, but is there a huge difference between those quik-clot bandages and the 'syringe' things with the little sponge deals you can put in a deep wound? Was thinking of adding two of the quickclot bandages to my bag I carry around, but if those syringe things are gtg, I might add one bandage and one syringe. Limited space and all.

Correction: "Hemostatic plunger".
Old 11 December 2017, 15:19
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post
Not to derail, but is there a huge difference between those quik-clot bandages and the 'syringe' things with the little sponge deals you can put in a deep wound? Was thinking of adding two of the quickclot bandages to my bag I carry around, but if those syringe things are gtg, I might add one bandage and one syringe. Limited space and all.

is the Celox, the same granules that the original qwikclot used? If so, that stuff was pretty caustic and actually ended up doing a lot of damage, especially on organs and soft tissue.
Old 11 December 2017, 15:22
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10Guy View Post
This just makes me think, of when my wife rolls her eyes at me putting a little blowout kit in my laptop bag, along with my surefire, and daily carry shit, couple of other things. Imagine being underground, in one of those moving tuna cans when some device goes off.

A handfull of chem lights, some pressure bandages, and shit might be worth their weight in gold.
Yeah, a neighbor and I both have a plan for certain scenarios. We're not preppers or anything like that, but we both have a plan A & B and some things set aside for a few different scenarios. I carry a small FAK/PSK in all my cars and my wife thinks it's funny or rolls her eyes too.
Old 11 December 2017, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
is the Celox, the same granules that the original qwikclot used? If so, that stuff was pretty caustic and actually ended up doing a lot of damage, especially on organs and soft tissue.
I've heard they made advances in the formula. IIRC, the original quikclot burned the tissue as it sealed the area. The newer stuff isn't supposed to do that (so I've heard), or doesn't inflict "as bad" a damage.
Old 11 December 2017, 15:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
Yeah, a neighbor and I both have a plan for certain scenarios. We're not preppers or anything like that, but we both have a plan A & B and some things set aside for a few different scenarios. I carry a small FAK/PSK in all my cars and my wife thinks it's funny or rolls her eyes too.
I have small first aid medical kits in the cars and keep one in my range bag. I just picked up a couple extra bags as there was a sale on Amazon a couple days ago. Last night, I inventoried and restocked the kits and started filling the new bags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Med Kits.jpg (80.3 KB, 171 views)
Old 11 December 2017, 16:05
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog0311 View Post

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-sponge-filled-syringe-can-plug-a-gunshot-wound-in-20-seconds
Old 11 December 2017, 17:07
If you don't smell ozone, the radiation won't kill you before next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t10Guy View Post
They just have to be right once.
So far we have been very fortunate that our enemies have been so incompetent. We can't depend on that to last forever.

"I agree that his intentions are suspect, and that he likely needs to die...." - SOTB

"Just a lone patriot acting alone at a fulcrum point, ideally in a deniable fashion. A perpetrator of accidents." - Magician

Our new posting rules