Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Air Force Special Operations > Combat Control Teams (CCT)

Old 29 March 2017, 16:18
Confirmed User

Best resource for CCT history?

Greetings CCT community. I realized that out of all the SOF groups, I know the least about CCTs. I would like to learn more. Any suggestions on where/what are the best books, sites, etc. that would contain a reliable history of CCTs?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 30 March 2017, 08:17
Authorized Personnel

Disregard. Not my lane.
Old 30 March 2017, 19:02
Been There Done That

Lightbulb

A good start can be found here… http://www.ccshf.org

There have not been many hardcover books written about CCT. Here’s one from 2012; CCT and The Eye of the Storm. It chronicles the 65-year history of Air Force Combat Control Teams (CCT).

https://www.amazon.com/C-C-T-Eye-Sto.../dp/1477269967

'The Eye of the Storm', begins with CCT's introduction in 1944 and documents many of their now declassified operations from WWII through today's Global War on Terrorism (GWOT). March 24, 1945 - Operation Varsity - Near the end of 1944, the U.S. Army Air Force (USAAF) developed glider-borne teams; calling them Combat Control Teams. Unlike earlier U.S. Army Pathfinders, the new Combat Control Teams were provisioned with visual markers; ground-to-air and point-to-point radios; and electronic navigational aids (NAVAIDS), e.g., the Eureka radar homing beacon. Additionally, the newly commissioned Air Force teams were charged with the responsibility of airhead air traffic control (AATC).
Old 30 March 2017, 19:02
Supporterator

Eye Of The Storm. Great piece of history.
Old 30 March 2017, 22:49
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCOM View Post
A good start can be found here… http://www.ccshf.org

There have not been many hardcover books written about CCT. Here’s one from 2012; CCT and The Eye of the Storm. It chronicles the 65-year history of Air Force Combat Control Teams (CCT).

https://www.amazon.com/C-C-T-Eye-Sto.../dp/1477269967

'The Eye of the Storm', begins with CCT's introduction in 1944 and documents many of their now declassified operations from WWII through today's Global War on Terrorism (GWOT). March 24, 1945 - Operation Varsity - Near the end of 1944, the U.S. Army Air Force (USAAF) developed glider-borne teams; calling them Combat Control Teams. Unlike earlier U.S. Army Pathfinders, the new Combat Control Teams were provisioned with visual markers; ground-to-air and point-to-point radios; and electronic navigational aids (NAVAIDS), e.g., the Eureka radar homing beacon. Additionally, the newly commissioned Air Force teams were charged with the responsibility of airhead air traffic control (AATC).
Awesome. Thank you !
Old 7 April 2017, 22:44
Confirmed User

Just as a follow up... The book should be arriving in a few days and that website is awesome. I am learning a great deal about these quiet professionals. Many thanks, SATCOM.

Our new posting rules