Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 26 March 2016, 10:18
Been There Done That

Stephen Nave, RIP

Scrolling through my Facebook this morning I came across a post announcing the passing of Stephen Nave. I looked at the picture and immediately recognized the name and face. I served with him onboard the USS Constellation in the early to mid 90's. I was a Deck Seaman and he was part of Ship's Company, not sure which Department. He passed away on March 18th, 2016
I was drawn towards talking to him because he wore dungarees...and a trident. I was a young SEAL hopeful and he was the nicest guy to talk to. He gave me a bunch of tips for when I was ready to submit my package. From what I remember he had to take a hiatus from the Teams due to asthma complications.
Fast forward a few years I ran into him on NAB Coronado, back in cammies and back with the Teams. He got his medical clearance to get back on the Teams and continue his career as a SEAL. That was the last time I saw him, around 1997ish.
I'm not sure what his COD is but he was 54 years old. Still a young guy. Just wanted to pass the word to the community.
Old 17 July 2017, 04:10
Nobody Special

RIP to Steve.

Just heard the news and was shocked...thoughts out to his family and wife.
Old 20 July 2017, 02:30
Nobody Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
RIP to Steve.

Just heard the news and was shocked...thoughts out to his family and wife.
Steve and I went to school together, skateboarded together... and both ended up in San Diego. Always fearless.

Sorry didn't mean to quote my above post.

Our new posting rules