Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Gear, Survival and Fieldcraft

Old 4 July 2017, 23:11
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Tom, would you consider adding a cordura pouch to the bottom of the chest holster? Say, big enough for a cell phone and keys?
Sure. Hit me as tom@2aholster.com for regular comms. or PM if you prefer.
Old 4 July 2017, 23:17
Violent Social Worker

Awesome, thank you.
"The real problem was being able to stick it out, to sit in an office under the orders of a wee man in a dark gray suit and look out of the window and recall the bush country, the waving palms, the smell of sweat and cordite, the grunts of the men hauling jeeps over the river crossings, the copper-tasting fears just before the attack, and the wild, cruel joy of being alive afterward. To remember, and then go back to the ledgers and the commuter train, that was impossible. He knew he would eat his heart out if it ever came to that."

- "The Dogs of War" by Frederick Forsyth
Old 4 July 2017, 23:33
Authorized Personnel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
Ordered two pancakes from Litepath and asked him for a better mounting option for the sheath of a Gerber Prodigy. It comes with a rubberized hard case with excellent retention but a dumb nylon attachment for belt or MOLLE. I tried to make it too complicated but LP gave it a 1/2 day of thought and came up with an slick way to fix a belt clip.
Delivered all w/in 3 days of initial contact, I think.

DaveP
That is a cool ass knife/sheath.

And you were a stellar guy to deal with.
Old 12 July 2017, 14:27
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Depends on who you get it from.

Little jobs like Slides, you mean Steel?

Engraving Steel, truly engraving the Steel itself is a costly affair in Laser Engraving. I think if I were wanting to do that I'd go for a CNC mill.
On the Laser front you're looking at serious coin for most of us.
Epilogue has the same basic machine I presently have for somewhere in the $9k range and it still doesn't do steel. $18k and it still doesn't do steel. . .you get the idea. Costly.

All that said, you can "mark" on steel using products, like Cermark. It's really just a base to create an inky deposit to 'mark' onto the metal/steel.
Carrying forth from an earlier post about laser engravers.

Working on some new cabinet hardware for 2A South Along with a back splash I'm still fleshing out.

Cermark marking compound applied with my airbrush, then engraved on the laser.

Cool stuff.

Old 16 July 2017, 20:33
FIDO

I shot my first USPSA match and used the 2A Pro-S holster and the universal mag pouch. I had several other shooters ask me about my holster. The retention was tight, the draw was smooth and with the made to fit coutour it was very comfortable. I would choose this holster over safariland and bladetech holsters. The outstanding customer service is just the icing on the cake. Outstanding as always litepath. (Although I didn't do good enough to win Sharkys special holster)
Old 17 July 2017, 11:26
Been There Done That

If you guys are using 2A gear, take some video and talk about it. Send it to Litepath and he'll be able to use it as a customer testimonial. Those help a lot and we can make sure his business continues to be a success.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 21 July 2017, 12:35
Authorized Personnel

$100

Just a heads up to any and all of my customers from here. I posted a $100 Video challenge to the 2A Holster Facebook page.

Check there and enter a video testimonial to win. Runs from today until next Friday 28 July.

Simple and easy way to win $100.

thanks!!
Old 21 July 2017, 16:38
Spice Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
Just a heads up to any and all of my customers from here. I posted a $100 Video challenge to the 2A Holster Facebook page.

Check there and enter a video testimonial to win. Runs from today until next Friday 28 July.

Simple and easy way to win $100.

thanks!!
Will you bump it to $150 if the poster finds a way to work "goat clamps", "twatwaffle", and "pinky test" into the review?
Old 21 July 2017, 18:38
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azatty View Post
Will you bump it to $150 if the poster finds a way to work "goat clamps", "twatwaffle", and "pinky test" into the review?
You forgot Pelvic Girdle & Don't Question My Patriotism!
Old 30 July 2017, 09:24
Confirmed User

LP -- I'll get twatwaffle or the pinky-test worked in next time, this was one was just a spur of the moment.
Old 30 July 2017, 13:52
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamin View Post
LP -- I'll get twatwaffle or the pinky-test worked in next time, this was one was just a spur of the moment.
haha.
Old 24 August 2017, 18:49
Been There Done That

Hey SOCNET Fam, we are finishing up Tom's new website and I wanted to ask all of you who haven't had a chance to do so yet, to record a video review of you using his product(s). It would be a huge boost for him because it will show real people using his products.

"Operator much like rock and roll, is dead." - ClearedHot
Old 25 August 2017, 17:38
Authorized Personnel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedLoad View Post
If you guys are using 2A gear, take some video and talk about it. Send it to Litepath and he'll be able to use it as a customer testimonial. Those help a lot and we can make sure his business continues to be a success.
I admit I wasn't sure what to make of Video Reviews until a SOCNET member took time-out while on the trail to do one for my gear.

As much as I go to Amazon just to read reviews of products, In my view these Video Reviews are going to make a huge difference. It will set us apart.

Link to first Video review I received: https://youtu.be/yTe3rW9RW4I

Last edited by litepath; 25 August 2017 at 17:44. Reason: ETA
Old 25 August 2017, 22:30
Confirmed User

How is the pro-S for CC? I hate IWB and have marginal luck with OWB actually holding the gun in close enough to me. I see that it has the gun riding above the belt, that alone should help.

Wondering what y'all's thoughts are on it for CC. And if it isn't good for CC, which would you recommend for a G20? I dress around my gun and wear button ups untucked most of the time, so clothing shouldn't be the issue.
Old 25 August 2017, 22:37
FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post
How is the pro-S for CC? I hate IWB and have marginal luck with OWB actually holding the gun in close enough to me. I see that it has the gun riding above the belt, that alone should help.

Wondering what y'all's thoughts are on it for CC. And if it isn't good for CC, which would you recommend for a G20? I dress around my gun and wear button ups untucked most of the time, so clothing shouldn't be the issue.
I use the ProS for my G19. Rides high enough that my shirt doesn't hang up on it. I prefer a slight cant but that's just personal preference.
I also use the 2A pancake. It rides a little closer to the body so I use that for tighter fitting shirts.

You can't go wrong either way.
Old 25 August 2017, 22:43
Confirmed User

I much prefer about 10 degrees of cant as well. I'm no expert but that's what feels good for me. This was this info I was looking for. Doesn't make the choice easier but it makes me worry less about which one I choose! Thanks Chimo.
Old 26 August 2017, 09:07
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChai View Post

For the G20, the Pro-S may be a bit on the long side. My Rec would be to try a Slim profile Pancake and get the cant you want. These Pancakes; Slim/Standard Bearer, are sold by waist size for a reason. They are made to fit up close and snug to your person.

The Pro-S is indeed built to ride high. It has adjustments to bring it down lower.

Try placing your G20 with the proximal end of the muzzle at the bottom of your belt while standing. That is the height we're talking about. The Pro-S will allow 1 inch lower adjustment and that's about it. Sometimes due to real-estate of the holster I can make allowance for one more adjustment hole, bringing the total up/down to 1 1/2 inches. But most weapons will be at 1 inch up/down adjustment.

I try to steer folks away from the Pro-S if they have a larger framed weapon. With the proximal end of the muzzle at the bottom of the belt, the butt would be way up under your arm And may not be easy to draw and/or feel uncomfortable.

Also, at that kind of height, any cant is going to make the weapon hard to draw/present. I think Chimo got away with some cant in his (experimental Pro-S with cant) due to him riding it lower below the belt and lower on the body.

ETA: Me and many others use the Slim Profile as a OWB concealed carry option.

Last edited by litepath; 26 August 2017 at 09:09. Reason: ETA
Old 26 August 2017, 10:36
Confirmed User

Glock 30 in a Pro S works well for me.
Wouldn't mind a slight cant (maybe 5 degrees if that) for riding in a vehicle.
Old 26 August 2017, 21:19
Confirmed User

LP,
I got distracted last night and neglected to place my order. Glad I did. Thanks for the additional insight. I'll be ordering one of your Slim Pancakes now.
Old 26 August 2017, 22:04
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Glock 30 in a Pro S works well for me.
Wouldn't mind a slight cant (maybe 5 degrees if that) for riding in a vehicle.
And I'd gladly do a small cant for that sized weapon. There are a few considerations such as the person's height, weapon and where they ride their belt. For my old ass cant on the Pro-S just doesn't work. I wear mine all the way up above the belt.

Our new posting rules