SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 26 October 2018, 13:38
Confirmed User

Eddie Gallagher

I was contacted by a Team Guy I used to work with about looking into this case. When I retired from the Navy and started making documentary films, I have found several of these stories where the chain of command appears to be protecting itself at the detriment of their troops.
The current state of journalism is abysmal, and if there is to be any expectation of getting to the truth, it will be done by somebody like me; not the corporate media that is more a mouthpiece for foreign governments and corporations than any kind of truth seekers. I'm not interested in getting a thread going about this case, PM me if you actually know something.
Old 26 October 2018, 13:49
Administrator

I know enough to wait and see what happens at the Art 32 Hearing and General Court-martial. His LT has also been charged.
Old 27 October 2018, 11:21
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
I know enough to wait and see what happens at the Art 32 Hearing and General Court-martial. His LT has also been charged.
Sounds about right.
Old 30 March 2019, 08:58
Life is simple, not easy.

POTUS tweet 5:14 AM this morning:

"In honor of his past service to our Country, Navy Seal #EddieGallagher will soon be moved to less restrictive confinement while he awaits his day in court. Process should move quickly!"
Old 30 May 2019, 21:54
I reckon so. . .

Fuckery knows no limits. . . "A decorated Navy SEAL facing a murder trial in the death of an Islamic State prisoner was freed Thursday from custody after a military judge cited interference by prosecutors."

Chief deserves his day in court. Fuckery such as this may well prevent that from ever happening.

found over on WAPO.
Old 31 May 2019, 07:53
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Whatever it takes to get him sleeping in his own bed at night again. There was no need to be walking that guy around for the camera's in cuffs and a waist belt. After this is over, with CM's for any and all of the false accusers and (disbarred in civilian life so they can never practice law again) crooked prosecutors, he should be allowed to retire with 20 even if he has less than that. I personally can't imagine going back to duty after being treated like this, the Navy could go fuck itself if it was me.

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi
Old 31 May 2019, 08:30
Been There Done That

Some wise guy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Sage words...
Old 31 May 2019, 09:43
Confirmed User

Happy he is released. I just read, from various sources, about the conduct of the prosecution and NCIS in this case, it's like a movie. What happens to the prosecution and NCIS if their actions have been determined to be true? It's very dark what prosecution and NCIS attempted.

"When policemen break the law, then there isn't any law - just a fight for survival." - Billy Jack
Old 31 May 2019, 10:40
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
What happens to the prosecution and NCIS if their actions have been determined to be true? It's very dark what prosecution and NCIS attempted.
Google- "Peter Strzok"
Old 31 May 2019, 11:53
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Whatever it takes to get him sleeping in his own bed at night again. There was no need to be walking that guy around for the camera's in cuffs and a waist belt. After this is over, with CM's for any and all of the false accusers and (disbarred in civilian life so they can never practice law again) crooked prosecutors, he should be allowed to retire with 20 even if he has less than that. I personally can't imagine going back to duty after being treated like this, the Navy could go fuck itself if it was me.
Sounds like you have some inside info?
Old 31 May 2019, 14:30
Custom User Title

Any thoughts on the alleged threats and attempts to intimidate his fellow SEALs?
Old 31 May 2019, 15:20
Old and Broke

NCIS and thr Prosecution Team doing all they can to get the case thrown out.

I feel for the Lt.
Old 31 May 2019, 16:59
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massgrunt View Post
Any thoughts on the alleged threats and attempts to intimidate his fellow SEALs?
Listening to one radio show the other day, Hannity or Prager, they had his wife on the show. She was going on how those in his platoon were resentful against her husband, and made up false accusations against him, cause he made them tow the line, do their job. Before he showed up, his platoon was spending all their time playing Xbox, lifting weights, screwing off inthevteam room. He made them get to work, go on missions and train. Thus they were resentful against him. Sounds like a remake of Heartbreak Ridge with Gunny (Clint Eastwood) taking over the Recon platoon. So any truth in his wife’s Rantings?
Old 31 May 2019, 17:30
been ***** **** that

This is a serious messed up deal. Am glad those of you who are able to, are trying to sort through the BS. I really feel sorry for his family and friends if this warrior is being railroaded.
Old 31 May 2019, 18:40
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Sounds like you have some inside info?
Nope.

Old 31 May 2019, 22:09
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofthedesert View Post
Nope.
Then don’t you think we should let the facts come out prior to calling for several other team guys to be court martialed?
Old 31 May 2019, 23:26
Custom User Title

I think opinions on this case and others like it are heavily influenced by personal experiences and what kind of person you see yourself as.
Old 1 June 2019, 05:07
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
I think opinions on this case and others like it are heavily influenced by personal experiences and what kind of person you see yourself as.
"Guilty".

Old 1 June 2019, 08:07
Unemployed Stunt Double

Quote:
That's true of everything facet of our lives. Our experience colors our perceptions, period.

In this case, prosecutors broke the law and violated ethics codes. The judge said so, and the prosecutors pretty much admitted it, while trying to minimize what they did. That should bother people, no matter what the charges are, or who the defendant is.
Old 1 June 2019, 09:40
Custom User Title

It does bother me, among other reasons because it ruins prosecutions.

Our new posting rules