SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 26 August 2019, 15:04
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEARED HOT View Post
Interesting to see Andrew Luck retire yesterday. His explanation was good. I admire him for calling it early. He probably could have stuck it out another 10 years and slugged his way through it. I found it refreshing him basing it on self-preservation and his loss of love for the game.
Agreed. The fans booing him as the news broke were douchebags.
Old 26 August 2019, 15:26
Confirmed User

Quote:
Interesting to see Andrew Luck retire yesterday. His explanation was good. I admire him for calling it early. He probably could have stuck it out another 10 years and slugged his way through it. I found it refreshing him basing it on self-preservation and his loss of love for the game.
Pretty smart move for him before he sustains a devastating injury. Real classy fans that booed him. I thought I hears that he was thinking of going into politics?
Old 26 August 2019, 17:31
Isiah 52:13-53:12

Quote:
Agreed. Good on him.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

ďA little science estranges one from God. A lot of science brings one back.Ē -Francis Bacon
Old 26 August 2019, 20:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Agreed. The fans booing him as the news broke were douchebags.
In the context of that night only, it seems that way but, I think it's fair to fans to explain that they were expressing a frustration thatvgoes back to the way the team has been misleading about injuries for years going back to Peyton Mannings neck injury.

They would down play the injury and upsell the probability of them playing to sell tickets and then seemingly suddenly the star is out for the season.

This is less about Luck as he has every right to act in his best interests and more about the organization's interactions with the fans on which they rely for revenue.

For months there were assurances that Luck would be back and they sold a shit load of season ticket based on last seasons success...now in the last week of preaseason, that all vaporizes without even a suggestion that it was a possibility.

The Colts fans have been through this before and I think they were booing the organization as much as the seemingly, in the moment, decision.

And it's not like Luck tried to endear himself to fans. I am not a Cots fan but have taken my boys to each of the last training camps just to watch them practice and Luck never, I mean never, signed autographs for the fans. He did do stuff for the charity groups that would show up, but he never went to stands to shake hands, sign autographs, or even acknowledge they were there.

TY Hilton would wave, sign a few jerseys, give away his gloves sometimes but Luck never did.

The relationship seemed lukewarm from both sides.
Old 26 August 2019, 20:18
Administrator

Regardless it was bush league and classless.
Old 26 August 2019, 22:23
Been There Done That

colts.jpg

God made machine language; all the rest is the work of man.
Old 27 August 2019, 07:24
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDave View Post
Iíve enjoyed watching Hard Knocks. AB is too much of a diva. Itís the same helmet everyone else has to wear, so put it on and STFU.
I was watching that as well. He looks like a ridiculous diva over the helmet thing. Did you see how messed up AB's feet were from cryo therapy? Looked pretty nasty.
Old 27 August 2019, 08:10
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
In the context of that night only, it seems that way but, I think it's fair to fans to explain that they were expressing a frustration thatvgoes back to the way the team has been misleading about injuries for years going back to Peyton Mannings neck injury.

They would down play the injury and upsell the probability of them playing to sell tickets and then seemingly suddenly the star is out for the season.

This is less about Luck as he has every right to act in his best interests and more about the organization's interactions with the fans on which they rely for revenue.

For months there were assurances that Luck would be back and they sold a shit load of season ticket based on last seasons success...now in the last week of preaseason, that all vaporizes without even a suggestion that it was a possibility.

The Colts fans have been through this before and I think they were booing the organization as much as the seemingly, in the moment, decision.

And it's not like Luck tried to endear himself to fans. I am not a Cots fan but have taken my boys to each of the last training camps just to watch them practice and Luck never, I mean never, signed autographs for the fans. He did do stuff for the charity groups that would show up, but he never went to stands to shake hands, sign autographs, or even acknowledge they were there.

TY Hilton would wave, sign a few jerseys, give away his gloves sometimes but Luck never did.

The relationship seemed lukewarm from both sides.
I would guess it was more of the timing than anything. If he had retired after last year, they would have given him a parade, or at least understood better. He waited until 2 weeks before the season starts and they have no plan for a QB, when they were expected to do rather well. I equate it with a team member training with you for a deployment, not telling you he's not going, and then right before you step outside the wire, he goes to sick call. He just messed up the whole team dynamics and possibly put everybody at risk. That's a little hyperbolic, but the point remains the same.
The sad thing is, they'll probably go out and bring in that douche bag Kapernick.
Old 27 August 2019, 08:11
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keganswar View Post
I was watching that as well. He looks like a ridiculous diva over the helmet thing. Did you see how messed up AB's feet were from cryo therapy? Looked pretty nasty.
I didn't know about his feet until I saw them on the show. That is crazy, what a dumbass.
Old 27 August 2019, 08:16
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg View Post
I would guess it was more of the timing than anything. If he had retired after last year, they would have given him a parade, or at least understood better. He waited until 2 weeks before the season starts and they have no plan for a QB, when they were expected to do rather well. I equate it with a team member training with you for a deployment, not telling you he's not going, and then right before you step outside the wire, he goes to sick call. He just messed up the whole team dynamics and possibly put everybody at risk. That's a little hyperbolic, but the point remains the same.
The sad thing is, they'll probably go out and bring in that douche bag Kapernick.
More information has come out after the weekend and it seems that he has been considering this for a little while and the team organization pressed him to make a decision before the end of camp.
he told a couple other players about his decision on Thursday.

As for a replacement, Brisset is the starter. They may bring in another backup for depth but Brisset has taken the full count of snaps as a starter this preseason.

Do NOT look for Kapernick to come to Indy.
Old 27 August 2019, 10:09
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
More information has come out after the weekend and it seems that he has been considering this for a little while and the team organization pressed him to make a decision before the end of camp.
he told a couple other players about his decision on Thursday.

As for a replacement, Brisset is the starter. They may bring in another backup for depth but Brisset has taken the full count of snaps as a starter this preseason.

Do NOT look for Kapernick to come to Indy.
well, if the org, knew it was a possibility, then it's on them.

Brisset isn't horrible, and who knows, sometimes all a guy needs is a chance.
Old 27 August 2019, 10:14
Administrator

The reality is the org would have used him up until he was a cripple for life and then moved on.

Let's not pretend NFL teams actually care about the players or their health. Luck did what was right for him and gave that city some outstanding service.

The Colts aren't mother terresa in this equation...
Old 27 August 2019, 10:21
Confirmed User

Quote:

The Colts aren't mother terresa in this equation..
I'd say the Colts, in general, and the previous coaching staff, in particular, are at fault for Luck being in this position in first place. They already abused the hell out of him leading directly to his injuries.
Old 27 August 2019, 11:24
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:

I read that some Colts fans were demanding refunds of their season tickets after the news broke of Luck. As a Browns fan I have to literally LOL because in the span of time that Indy has had only Manning and Luck as QB, we have had 29 different starting QB's on Sunday's. Since our return in 1999 we have averaged 1.5 different starters ---- per year!!
Old 27 August 2019, 11:27

Quote:
I'd say the Colts, in general, and the previous coaching staff, in particular, are at fault for Luck being in this position in first place. They already abused the hell out of him leading directly to his injuries.
Before Chris Ballard took over I agree. They weren't spending any resources to build that OL. He lost a season to a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and another to a lacerated kidney. They failed to keep him protected. I think in the span of 2 seasons he was sacked over 100+ times.
Old 27 August 2019, 11:34
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
Before Chris Ballard took over I agree. They weren't spending any resources to build that OL. He lost a season to a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder and another to a lacerated kidney. They failed to keep him protected. I think in the span of 2 seasons he was sacked over 100+ times.
Luck in 2016 and then Brissett in 2017 were the most sacked and the most pressured QBs in the league.

While Ballard and Reich are doing the right things as GM and Coach... the damage is done. Luck may well be the greatest waste of talent in NFL history.
Old 27 August 2019, 12:48
Been There Done That

Is it wrong that when I saw a headline that, after she nailed a 55 yard FG at the Eagles training camp, an unnamed NFL team offered womenís soccer player Carli Lloyd the chance to become the first woman to kick in an NFL preseason game, I immediately assumed it was the Browns?

Old 27 August 2019, 14:13
been ***** **** that

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshirt View Post
Is it wrong that when I saw a headline that, after she nailed a 55 yard FG at the Eagles training camp, an unnamed NFL team offered womenís soccer player Carli Lloyd the chance to become the first woman to kick in an NFL preseason game, I immediately assumed it was the Browns?

Does she look as hot as Kathy Ireland?
Old 27 August 2019, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkindasux View Post
Go Brownies!
How well do you think this plays in the locker room that the first time head coach and the veteran GM are making it a priority to meet together with players they're going to cut?

These are players that developed relationships with the coaches and members of the 53 man roster.

He isn't the second coming by any means but Kitchens isn't so much a 'players coach' as he is human being that cares about the men he coaches. I think veterans on the team who are new this season saw this in mini-camp and were then willing to buy into months long practices in pads during training camp.

Rookie safety Sheldrick Redwine told TE David Njoku during the first preseason game that the speed of the game didn't seem too fast for him, and Njoku told him "that's because Freddie makes the practices harder then the games." You need people to buy into your plan for that to pay off.

Buying in. Freddie needed that to happen going into his rookie season as head coach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FREDDIE.jpg (29.6 KB, 78 views)
Old 28 August 2019, 11:27
Going cyclic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
How well do you think this plays in the locker room that the first time head coach and the veteran GM are making it a priority to meet together with players they're going to cut?

These are players that developed relationships with the coaches and members of the 53 man roster.

He isn't the second coming by any means but Kitchens isn't so much a 'players coach' as he is human being that cares about the men he coaches. I think veterans on the team who are new this season saw this in mini-camp and were then willing to buy into months long practices in pads during training camp.

Rookie safety Sheldrick Redwine told TE David Njoku during the first preseason game that the speed of the game didn't seem too fast for him, and Njoku told him "that's because Freddie makes the practices harder then the games." You need people to buy into your plan for that to pay off.

Buying in. Freddie needed that to happen going into his rookie season as head coach.
that's called leadership

Our new posting rules