SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 16 January 2001, 18:29
Marauder
Visitor

CDNs In The Aussie SAS

Can Canadians join the Aussie army with the longview of joining the SAS if all the chips fall right? Anyone have a contact number/email/snailmail address for the Aussie army?
Much Thanks, Gents.
Old 16 January 2001, 19:47
Huey One Four
Visitor

i think they can transfer between countrys because both are in the commonwealth. ive heard of lots of guys going to UK navy from NZ navy for instance
Old 17 January 2001, 01:30
XS
Visitor

You'll need to become an Australian citizen but it does happen, but moving to the UK is more of the obvious choise, plus there is no need to change citizenship

------------------
"Sometimes the brightest light is made from a burning bridge."

http://pub14.ezboard.com/bwarandpolitics

http://pub45.ezboard.com/bfightingfit
Old 17 January 2001, 10:41
Grey,Green,Brown&Oakover

Maraude
There where 4 canadians in my company in the early 90's in fact they are still in the army.All of them had oz citizenship.This was in 3RAR who fought along side 2PPCLI in Korea.So maybe thats why we had the Canadians.In fact one of my mates went to Canada and joined up your army
Old 17 January 2001, 16:19
Confirmed User

Someone immigrated to Canada to join the Canadian Forces??!!!!

Now I've heard it all....

I've heard of a couple guys that went to Oz, not sure what citizenhsip or whatever they had, but I can see why- warm weather, beautiful country, high-speed courses, elite units, Aussie women. The Jr. Ranks Mess of the New Westminister Regt. has a lot of Aussie Infantry posters and stuff, I think some guys from there went to Oz.

Enfield

PS Sorry, had to edit, I originally said C Scot R, but meant the Westies - guess because i was talking to Scottie's in the Westie mess. Sorry!

[This message has been edited by Enfield (edited 01-17-2001).]
Old 18 January 2001, 01:07
Grey,Green,Brown&Oakover

Yep
I can remember blokes talking about it.If they had a choice where would they go and Canada always came out tops.Of course the UK was up there but Canada is like OZ only colder.I can remember us pushing for a yearly exchange with PPCLI but nothing came of it.Shit I think we think more highly of the Canadian army than Canadians do.

[This message has been edited by abprar (edited 01-21-2001).]

Our new posting rules