Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 13 December 2011, 13:46
Banned User

Setting the Record Straight about John Giduck('Green Beret' Poser)

I served four years as the Executive Director for the National Association of School Resource Officers. For five years I served as an instructor with the same group.

During my tenure with the association and beyond, I had the opportunity to listen to John Giduck no less than a half a dozen times on the topics of Beslan, Mumbai and Virginia Tech. Let me say right now, I NEVER heard him say, or even infer, that he was a member of any Special Forces unit. I am shocked over the furor that has been created by a few who believe John is not what he is.

I will speak from the law enforcement community perspective. John has spoken to thousands of law enforcement officers over the years. Those officers involved with school based law enforcement continually rave about his presentations because of their candor, vital information and insightfulness. No officer that I am aware of has ever questioned John’s credentials. He is a highly trained warrior and scholar. The two are rarely found in one person. He takes his research very seriously. It is one thing to stand in front of an audience and tell old “war stories” to try and impress them as to what you did. The world is full of those kinds of people who want to talk about “how they did it in the good old days.” Typically they tend to be the worst and most worthless of presentations.

John’s presentations are based upon research. He knows the historical background that led up to the tragedies of Beslan, Mumbai and Virginia Tech. If you do not study history, you are condemned to repeat it. His messages are clear, accurate and intended to make our country safer than it is.

I have the highest respect for those who proudly served in some branch of Special Forces. I commend you for your dedication and tenacity. However, to do what John Giduck is doing demands the discipline of research and the ability to communicate that research to the rest of us who have an obligation to our country. This challenge needs to be heeded by military, law enforcement and civilians. No one is immune from doing his or her part. John Giduck is one of the leaders in this effort.
Old 13 December 2011, 13:53
Embrace the Suck

May I ask, what caused you to come here to post your defense of Mr. Giduck? Were you asked to by someone? How did you become aware of this site and the perceived 'issue' with him?

Just curious, it's a fair question.
Old 13 December 2011, 14:23
Looking For Work

Jesus, more of these people? How much are they paying you guys?
Old 13 December 2011, 14:27
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glck36
He is a highly trained warrior and scholar. The two are rarely found in one person....
See the continuity? This is our mistake and hangup?

Mr. Giduck may very well be quite the researcher, and someone with serious and relevant personal ties to sources. Was that really ever questioned? Or was the question(s) related to his being the supposed ONLY researcher with serious sources? And were questions also related to his supposed SOF experience?

Per the latter, you can't write a post without mentioning his "warrior" attributes, and yet you want us to believe that a line hasn't been crossed with regards to misrepresenting one's self, or that the line was purposely never well-defined?

Whatever. Your assignment of the word "warrior" to someone who supposedly admits they aren't speaks volumes. About your credibility with the term, and the previous questions....
Old 13 December 2011, 14:30
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanmcd82 View Post
May I ask, what caused you to come here to post your defense of Mr. Giduck? Were you asked to by someone? How did you become aware of this site and the perceived 'issue' with him?

Just curious, it's a fair question.

That is a fair question, I would like to know also, why you would come here and in your 2 posting defend this John Giduck.

Is this relevant to something that's ongoing? I've never heard of Mr. Gidick until this week, so why all the defending of this guy? Is he unable to defend himself? Is he being attacked? Do you have some place that I could go (perhaps a URL) to read this attack of Mr. Gidick?

He sounds like a great guy, a real renaissance man, being a highly trained warrior and scholar. No less then 3 people this week showing up to defend him. Seems curious.

So what's the deal, where is the record crooked?

I await your response, please dispense with the accolades for Giduck and simply explain what you are talking about. It's wonderful that you really think Giduck is a cool guy, but why are you hear? Where is this egregious attack???

Two eyes from the east.

Last edited by MikeC2W; 13 December 2011 at 14:37.
Old 13 December 2011, 14:37
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glck36
I will speak from the law enforcement community perspective.
Are you or have you been an LEO? your posted background doesn't show it.
Old 13 December 2011, 14:43
Been There Done That

Oh for fucksakes already, how many people are going to get on here and toss this guy's salad?

Fine- you win. John Giduck is the awesomest expert on terrorism evah. I can't wait to go see him in person and be utterly enthralled as he relates his epic insights into the arcane subject of terrorism, since I'm so ignorant on the subject. Maybe I'll go wank myself in the john afterwords, so impressed will I be.

After all, if School Resource Officers are behind him, how can I not be? The opinions of stalwart shepherds of errant 7th graders are unequaled in my experience.
22 Aug 17
Old 13 December 2011, 14:45
Embrace the Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
The opinions of stalwart shepherds of errant 7th graders are unequaled in my experience.
Hard not to feel this is sigline material.
Old 13 December 2011, 14:49
The atomic zit

I am thinking this horse is dead and therefore will not beat him...
Old 13 December 2011, 15:02
Cry havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoZeroSix View Post
Oh for fucksakes already, how many people are going to get on here and toss this guy's salad?

Fine- you win. John Giduck is the awesomest expert on terrorism evah. I can't wait to go see him in person and be utterly enthralled as he relates his epic insights into the arcane subject of terrorism, since I'm so ignorant on the subject. Maybe I'll go wank myself in the john afterwords, so impressed will I be.

After all, if School Resource Officers are behind him, how can I not be? The opinions of stalwart shepherds of errant 7th graders are unequaled in my experience.lmao

He must be pretty fucking awesome, to have no less then 3 people show up to toss your salad. Impressive.

Where is this highly trained warrior scholar, surely he can speak for himself? I still don't see where he's been attacked on SOCNET, but with all this salad tossing I'm finding myself curiously aroused, hopefully he will speak!

Two eyes from the east.
Old 13 December 2011, 15:17
Been There Done That

Smells to me like the kitty litter box is full...

Richard
Old 13 December 2011, 15:29
Administrator

Glck36,
You don't have the background to know whether what he says is accurate or not.

Feel free to fill us in on how you decided he was a "warrior". Just like the last few sock puppets, you have not addressed the facts of what was discussed about him, a public figure, on this site. You like him, you listened to him a few times. Great! No one said he claimed SF background.

You've only posted more propaganda.

Have a good day.
Old 13 December 2011, 15:36
Cry havoc

Is this the guy?

Retired Green Beret John Giduck Presents.....

My apologies for being unProfessional, I didn't realize he was a Green Beret. It's all good.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Gdick.bmp (620.9 KB, 1559 views)

Two eyes from the east.

Last edited by MikeC2W; 13 December 2011 at 15:38.
Old 13 December 2011, 15:40
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

That'll leave a mark, LOL....
Old 13 December 2011, 15:51
Been There Done That

Quote:
Is this the guy?

My apologies for being unProfessional, I didn't realize he was a Green Beret. It's all good.
Oh snap. Now his sycophants are really going to come unglued.

Shit, I'm only a short drive from UNC. Maybe I'll have to give them a call and ask if they want me to lecture on counter-terrorism. I'll offer to give them a non-poser discount.
22 Aug 17
Old 13 December 2011, 16:01
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC2W View Post
Is this the guy?

I guess one part of my post was inaccurate. LOL

I'm sure that link will be someone elses fault, not Giducks......
Old 13 December 2011, 16:03
Confirmed User

Silverbullet,

Can you tell if the three people that have come here to defend Mr. Giduck are posting from the same IP?

Just curious.
Old 13 December 2011, 16:25
Been There Done That

Bless your heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glck36 View Post
I served four years as the Executive Director for the National Association of School Resource Officers. For five years I served as an instructor with the same group..............
Well, bless your heart.
Old 13 December 2011, 16:33
The Sagacious One

Glck36.

I would like to know how you justify that this cat is a warrior. Perhaps in the same way that we say that the spoiled brats that we call professional athletes are warriors based on some self-proclaimed definition that Ben Google cannot find?

I am sick to death of academics reading books and writing papers and then coming to tell us what we have to do based on your research. All in the name of your insatiable need to be paid for never really doing any work.

I too have spent the last decade protecting everything from The food supply to individual school houses, to refineries to college campuses.

I have also enjoyed the privilege of having spent 24 years as a Special Forces Officer.

From work with the White House staff to advising the fed govt on establishing three federally regulated critical infrastructure programs, I am sick to death of the researchers trying to tell us how it should be done, yet when in the clinch, they rarely deliver.

Your arrogance in coming here, flinging open the door and then pissing on our virtual carpet is offensive. While I will agree that everyone should do his part, pretending to be something he is not or trying to tell people how to do something he has never done is typical of the academics that I have worked with. The ones who provide input on their expertise are in my short list Rolodex.

Last edited by magician; 13 December 2011 at 18:52. Reason: Amended minor spelling errors. Got you covered, FE! :)
Old 13 December 2011, 16:33
Looking For Work

Wow, that UNC screen shot is great. I Cant wait to hear the "cover" story for that one.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules