SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 14 April 2012, 10:51
Minus one, but more symmetrical....

One of the cool things I saw this morning, when I was making bisquits and Googling John Giduck's name, was that not only is SOCNET squarely and soundly within the top 3 search results for our lard-laden lawyering terrorlaugholist, but Google's search suggestions as you are typing offer a revision of John Giduck's operational credentials -- which in-turn, opens up an entire page dedicated to TTASL and SOCNET, with regards to exposing him for the fraud he is.

My fellow readers, what a cool way to chow down on Saturday morning bisquits -- coffee, bisquits, peanut butter, Nutella, various jellies and preserves, and John Giduck appearing at the top of Google searches as a poser, fraud, and whiner....
Old 14 April 2012, 11:52
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
Excellent two posts today on TTASL. SGM Anderson, read and heed. You should be ashamed of yourself.

How Archangel Group Misleads You: John Giduck’s Credentials Part 1

How Archangel Group Misleads You: John Giduck’s Credentials Part 2
Well, Mr John Giduck, how did you manage to drag down so many Special Forces personnel? Anderson, Meyer and our "Distinguished Member of the Regiment": McCan.

Money. You managed to find people willing to sell out their professional accomplishments for money; and to sweeten the pot, you filled their heads with adulation and rapt fascination.

So how's that working out for you now?

I was also wondering if the Tactical Deployment Symposium in Denver, Colorado is aware of your infamy? I wonder what the instructors would say this September that you have a web page on the POW Network's Wall of Shame? Great "Thug Mug" you got there.

BTW, does Google know that you're using some search engine optimization to boost your web site over natural web search ranking? I know, I know, you didn't say you did that or authorized it.... Probably your most droll and amusing retort.

Mr John Giduck, let's hear why you're wronged, misunderstood and maligned. Again. While you're rooting around for a proper response, can you explain in layman's term why your biography changed so drastically? If you don't know what we're talking about, we can help you. We can get archived copies of your documented exploits.

You're nothing. Go away, take down your web sites and stop releasing PII.
Old 14 April 2012, 13:17
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Well, Mr John Giduck, how did you manage to drag down so many Special Forces personnel? Anderson, Meyer and our "Distinguished Member of the Regiment": McCan.

Money. You managed to find people willing to sell out their professional accomplishments for money; and to sweeten the pot, you filled their heads with adulation and rapt fascination.

So how's that working out for you now?

I was also wondering if the Tactical Deployment Symposium in Denver, Colorado is aware of your infamy? I wonder what the instructors would say this September that you have a web page on the POW Network's Wall of Shame? Great "Thug Mug" you got there.

BTW, does Google know that you're using some search engine optimization to boost your web site over natural web search ranking? I know, I know, you didn't say you did that or authorized it.... Probably your most droll and amusing retort.

Mr John Giduck, let's hear why you're wronged, misunderstood and maligned. Again. While you're rooting around for a proper response, can you explain in layman's term why your biography changed so drastically? If you don't know what we're talking about, we can help you. We can get archived copies of your documented exploits.

You're nothing. Go away, take down your web sites and stop releasing PII.

What is amazing to me are the parallels to Idema, it's like they took the same notes in phony class.

As usual, all bluster and bullshit, none of the Giduck clan has done anything more that threaten to do anything. Hmm, just like Giduck, easier to simply make claims and threats rather than actually doing something.

Impotent.
Old 14 April 2012, 17:04
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlwithaGlock View Post
Excellent two posts today on TTASL. SGM Anderson, read and heed. You should be ashamed of yourself.

How Archangel Group Misleads You: John Giduck’s Credentials Part 1

How Archangel Group Misleads You: John Giduck’s Credentials Part 2
From when is that post quoted in the first link? Is it from his post on SOCNET in 2011? Because if it is from any time AFTER 2008, I find it odd that SGM Anderson would be referring to Archangel as a 'nonprofit entity' which it ceased to be in 2008. I can understand his confusion, though, with Archangel once being a non-profit and then being a LLC yet keeping its .org domain name and continuing to refer to itself as a nonprofit on its website long after it changed status (check the wayback machine).

“It's not a good idea to allow an unknown enemy force to attack your compound. Ever, really.” -MixedLoad

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Secrets don't sleep til they're took to the grave. -BMTH
Old 14 April 2012, 19:40
Russian Tycoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
From when is that post quoted in the first link? Is it from his post on SOCNET in 2011? Because if it is from any time AFTER 2008, I find it odd that SGM Anderson would be referring to Archangel as a 'nonprofit entity' which it ceased to be in 2008. I can understand his confusion, though, with Archangel once being a non-profit and then being a LLC yet keeping its .org domain name and continuing to refer to itself as a nonprofit on its website long after it changed status (check the wayback machine).
Funny that you brought this up, Jimbo.

See, there is quite a few instances after 2008, when somehow Archangel Group was referred to as a non-profit organization. For example:

- At 2009 Emergency Medical Services Conference;

- At 2009 training event held by Code 4 Public Safety Education Association;

and

- At 2010 Texas Association of College and University Police Administrators 47th Annual Conference.

I am sure that this unfortunate misunderstanding was caused by wicked site administrators and evil conference organizers who can never get it right...

Last edited by GirlwithaGlock; 14 April 2012 at 19:46.
Old 14 April 2012, 20:19
BT,WBTWC

I enjoyed reading the links GWAG.

I thought, you know, when I saw this:
Quote:
and he became an accomplished skydiver
that perhaps skydiver JD would like to make an appearance at Raedford, NC one day. We could do some relative work up where the air gets thin, and he could display his accomplishments to all of us.

But I don't want to free fall in Colorado. Been there, done that.

[Ft. Carson Sport Parachute Club, 1976 if I recall correctly (I'd have to check my log book). Climb to 12,000' MSL for less than 30 seconds of freefall, ripcords pull at 7,000' MSL/2,000' AGL, to a DZ with a field elevation of about 5,000' MSL. Mark III Paracommander, hit like the proverbial sack of s--t. Limped away, wrote it in my logbook, CSM Lanny Lucero said "Been there, done that" and we headed for a bar. But I still have the club patch].

Anyway, John, if you read this, I would enjoy seeing an accomplished skydiver at work. As for me, just look up A-4022, B-9205, C-8296, D-3794, GW 4445, Falcon 3639, SCS 2322, SCR 2981, Seal Symbol LTF, if you have any idea what those numbers mean.
Old 15 April 2012, 04:54
Grumpy Bastard

You know CB, Sir, I'd kind of like to do some RW as well. Maybe John could run a seminar or something.

D 1578.
Old 15 April 2012, 09:07
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM Anderson
His years of training with the Russian Special Forces not only provided important information and relationships to America, but saw him through training that rivaled the most difficult in the world.
Really Sergeant Major? You are now on record tacitly stating that Mr John Giduck had training on par with the rest of us in the 'business'.

So instead of assessment, selection, training and assignment to a SOF unit, all we need to do is think outside the box, go to Russia and attend a two-week summer camp? Have you discussed this with the Combat Development Directorate at JFK Center? This is pure gold you're sitting on.

As an added bonus, Mr John Giduck can train us in tactical underwater and military freefall operations. Wow.

Having done full mission profiles using sub-surface, surface, static-line, free-fall and air-mobile infiltration techniques; I'd be interested in exactly what Mr John Giduck can materially offer to the LEO or SOF community.

Retired or not Sergeant Major Anderson, you clearly abrogated your responsibility as an employer to ensure your employees and co-workers meet the standards used in your tactical business model. Is the money that good to risk everything on a poseur?
Old 15 April 2012, 09:21
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB View Post
I enjoyed reading the links GWAG.

I thought, you know, when I saw this:

that perhaps skydiver JD would like to make an appearance at Raedford, NC one day. We could do some relative work up where the air gets thin, and he could display his accomplishments to all of us.

But I don't want to free fall in Colorado. Been there, done that.

[Ft. Carson Sport Parachute Club, 1976 if I recall correctly (I'd have to check my log book). Climb to 12,000' MSL for less than 30 seconds of freefall, ripcords pull at 7,000' MSL/2,000' AGL, to a DZ with a field elevation of about 5,000' MSL. Mark III Paracommander, hit like the proverbial sack of s--t. Limped away, wrote it in my logbook, CSM Lanny Lucero said "Been there, done that" and we headed for a bar. But I still have the club patch].

Anyway, John, if you read this, I would enjoy seeing an accomplished skydiver at work. As for me, just look up A-4022, B-9205, C-8296, D-3794, GW 4445, Falcon 3639, SCS 2322, SCR 2981, Seal Symbol LTF, if you have any idea what those numbers mean.
I'm 71 now but would "jump at the chance" to do some relative work with Giduck. Back in the day I used to jump at Raeford with Bobby "Spider" Wrenn and his wife. Be interesting to see if that turd has a USPA License. My old PCA License was B-3680. and A-536. Never bothered to get my D (I was qualified) as I thought the whole licensing thing was bs.
Old 15 April 2012, 14:14
Cyber Terrorist

Interesting development at the whine-site. They will no longer publish any comments critical of John Giduck without full name, credentials, and enough info to verify them. I think that qualifies as waving a white flag and admitting they can't tolerate legitimate counter-arguments. They are also claiming the email from The Brotherhood of the Red Beret was faked. They are really getting desperate.

Rudyard Kipling

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.
Old 15 April 2012, 16:34
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbreeze View Post
Interesting development at the whine-site. They will no longer publish any comments critical of John Giduck without full name, credentials, and enough info to verify them. I think that qualifies as waving a white flag and admitting they can't tolerate legitimate counter-arguments. They are also claiming the email from The Brotherhood of the Red Beret was faked. They are really getting desperate.
I think it's important to re-iterate a very important fact: This entire situation and conduct up to now started with Mr John Giduck and the Archangel Group. We did not start this fight in 2007 nor did we restart it in 2011. What we did perform is due diligence to develop the situation to try and figure out why Mr John Giduck and Archangel Group started threatening this web and its membership. It's all about the money and the rampant narcissism inherent to all poseurs and their entourages.

Google, Bing and Yahoo searches showed SOCNET as the number one search result for Mr John Giduck. It was impacting his business model in late 2011. So they went on the offensive against SOCNET and its membership. They restarted this fight by using a federally convicted felon (fraud) to personally make the case that we should apologize to Mr John Giduck. A fraud using another fraud to make us confess our sins. Hollywood couldn't make this up.

Herein lies the second crucial mistake they made: Mr John Giduck and Archangel Group thought we were poseurs ourselves. Not so much. Undeterred, they continued to press the attack with threats of lawsuits and began deliberately releasing Personal Identifying Information (PII) of active duty SOF personnel and others who didn't think Mr John Giduck was who he portrayed himself as.

The release of the PII was the tipping point. SOCNET reacted by mounting an affirmative defense: the truth. That's when Mr John Giduck's entire life came under scrutiny. Now we come to the third crucial mistake Mr John Giduck and Archangel Group made: they left an incredibly rich trail of information on the web.

Data mining was never so easy; especially when personnel from Mr Giduck's own camp started transmitting in the clear to us. Unsolicited. A reasonable person would not believe that Mr John Giduck's allies would 'betray' him. But if you were an Archangel associate and was snookered by the same recurring stories everyone else heard, what would you do if the truth came out? Us too.

The fourth, and possibly the worst, mistake Mr John Giduck made was the forged documentation and testimonials. I lost count, but I believe the only true certificate he earned is his law degree. How's that for irony?

This entire fracas was their doing, but SOCNET will be all too happy to conclude it. This is not the first time poseurs and their 'friends' tried bullying us. Probably won't be the last. But the outcome is always the same. Total defeat, humiliation and name brand recognition for the rest of their lives. I sincerely hope it's worth it, because you'll own it forever Mr John Giduck.
Old 15 April 2012, 19:36
On the Extract Bird

Thumbs down

Quote:
This would imply that the whine site, at one time, published information from anonymous sources that was critical of Mr. John Giduck. That could not be further from the actual truth. All comments are censored prior to admin approval. The only comments that appear to pass approval all have their tongues firmly attached to Big John's anus.
Old 15 April 2012, 23:43
Creepy ass cracka

Quote:
Interesting development at the whine-site. They will no longer publish any comments critical of John Giduck without full name, credentials, and enough info to verify them.

LOL, you can almost smell the irony it's so thick.

It's like that Iraqi media dude claiming there were no Americans in Baghdad when you could see the tanks rolling through in the background.

"All those facts from SOCNET are lies! You know, because we said so...pay no attention to them......it's all lies, lies I tell you, LIES!"

LOL! Oh my.

It's just sad now, amateur hour.
Old 16 April 2012, 12:30
Russian Tycoon

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck - Attack on Beslan Middle School – Day One

As promised, here is the first part of the discussion of myths, discrepancies, factual errors, exaggerations, and poor research encountered in Terror at Beslan by John Giduck.

For those who just tuned in: all the items above were pointed out in a thread Myths of John Giduck by a group of independent Russian researchers who have spent years collecting and analyzing material related to the siege. It is important to reiterate that Terror at Beslan came under their radar back in March of 2010. I am deeply grateful to the site admins, moderators, and SMEs for their valuable input.

I would like to remind the readers that Archangel Group has marketed this book as
Quote:
The complete and accurate story of the Beslan School Siege that occurred in Russia on September 1, 2004.
And - my final thoughts on the subject - "When you make statements about the little things that are obviously incorrect, how can I trust the rest?"

My comments are in italic.

Attack on Beslan Middle School – Day One

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 114: "At 8:00 am in the wide plaza on the north side of the Beslan Middle School No. 1, a combined facility for grades 1 through 11 at which time Russians graduate high school, with just under 1,000 students from ages 6 to 17, there were at least several thousand teachers, students, siblings, parents, grandparents, and onlookers..."

Later in the chapter John Giduck states that there the terrorists only captured approximately 60 percent of the crowd. The total number of hostages was approximately 1,181. According to this math it means that there were approximately 2,000 people at the school in the beginning of the attack (1,986 to be precise). Where did "several thousands" come from?

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 115
: “The terrorists were successful only in herding approximately 60 percent of the crowd into the school.”

See above. If correct, this means that there were approximately 1,968 people at the school and about 787 of them managed to escape. Again, these numbers are significantly exaggerated; during Kulaev’s trial it was established that between 50 and 150 people managed to escape. Kulaev is the only terrorist in Beslan case who stood the trial.

Source here.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 117: “By approximately 9:05 am, officially 1,181 hostages, most of whom were children, were in the gym...”

The celebration started at 0900 instead of the planned 1000. The attack took place between 0905 and 0915. This has been confirmed by multiple testimonies during Kulaev’s trial.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 117: “Once inside they just went crazy, beating people, raping girls… Among those, a number of girls were raped with the barrels of the terrorists’ guns, and any other objects that were at hand.”

There is no proof of this happening. Numerous female witnesses testified in Kulaev’s trial describing the atrocities committed by the terrorists, yet none of them stated that she was raped or that she had witnessed anyone being raped. They had no problem describing themselves drinking urine, sitting in the hot gym naked, witnessing their husbands and children dying and still none of them mentioned seeing any rapes. There has been no mentioning of rape in any of the victims interviews either, to Russian or foreign media. I am sure John Giduck enjoyed his five minutes of fame on Glenn Beck show talking about girls being raped with AK-47s. However, C.J.Chivers called bullshit on this statement by Giduck in the past; I call this sensationalism and speculation, not substantiated by facts.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 118: “Many of the girls were dragged upstairs to the auditorium where they were held and raped repeatedly throughout the ordeal.”

See above.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 119: “The composition of the group, as best as can be determined even at this late date, included up to 20 Ingush, 10 Chechens, 10 Arabs (including at least one North African, most likely from Sudan or Libya), 5 ethnic Russians, in addition to Uzbekis, Tatarians, and Kazakis. There were also one or two Ossetians… Finally, there were two female Shaheeds, or suicide bombers.”

Couple of thoughts on the subject. First, the person, referred in the quoted fragment, as “North African” was the terrorist who had been shot during the first hour of the siege and whose body laid outside of the school for next three very hot days. The photo is linked here - please note that it is very graphic. The person who told the reporters that there was a “Black” or “African” man among the terrorists was Director of North Ossetia FSB Andreev – the same person who stated after the first day of the siege that no children had been hurt. In other words, John Giduck quoted a rumor that was proven false.

In addition, in my limited observations, people from Sudan and Libya generally look quite different, but l am willing to defer to more experienced forum members on this one.

Further, the official and most of independent sources estimate the number of terrorists to be 32 - I can accept that this number could be off by a couple but in John Giduck's math it seems more like 50+.

Finally, this is semantics but why are Shaheeds listed by Giduck as it were some sort of a nationality? Basically, what Giduck is saying there is that the terrorist group was comprised of Ingush, Chechens, Arabs, and Suicide Bombers.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 120: “When the fight was over on the last day, only 17 of the 31 bodies of the terrorists were identified…”

From Wikipedia article (sources are linked within the article):
“On 6 September 2004, the names and identities of seven of the assailants became known, after forensic work over the weekend and interviews with surviving hostages and a captured assailant.”

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 120: “Reports that one of the women {Shaheeds} had refused to follow the orders of the Colonel, Khuchbarov, and he shot her are contradicted by the Special Forces who entered the school.”

This is pure demagogy. I understand if the quoted source was a witness present as the Shaheed woman was shot. But how could these reports be contradicted by the Special Forces who were not inside the school during Day 1, when the woman was shot?

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 120: "The fact that both women {suicide bombers} had dyed their hair blonde, however, may have been evidence of their hopes ultimately to escape..."

Show me the blond hair. Please be advised, photos are graphic.

Suicide Bomber 1

Suicide Bomber 2

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 123: “Reports, even in the Russian government, that the terrorists brought their own security camera system with them have proven untrue”.

During the court proceedings against Kulaev, it has clearly been stated that the security cameras were found in the corridor next to Geography classroom.

“На полу обнаружена камера наблюдения производства Японии. Там же обнаружены мини камеры наблюдения.”

“A surveillance camera manufactured in Japan was found on the floor. In the same location were found mini surveillance cameras.”

Source here.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 124-125: “Even rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) and SVD machine guns were in abundance” (referring to the citizens of Beslan).

There is an exaggeration, similar to the one about Magas airport being 50 meters away from the Chechen border, when it was proved to be more than six miles away. Here is a link to the photo gallery of the citizens of Beslan. There are plenty of other images on the web as well. Somebody, please point out to me the abundance of SVD machine guns.

Photo Gallery

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 125: “Angry, scared, completely untrained and unorganized, and in many cases completely drunk, they {citizens of Beslan} arrived first by the dozens and then by the hundreds”.

Completely drunk? Yeah, okay…

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 126: “The only uninvited volunteers to show up with any semblance of military training and experience came from South Ossetia… Desirous of rejoining Russia, it appeared that they were willing to do anything they could to help their cousins to the north.”

I am not sure where John Giduck gets his news but South Ossetians are less than “desirous” to rejoin Russia. A lesson in geopolitcs is clearly in order. This is not a discrepancy per se, but just a demonstration of the lack of political SA.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 127
: “When the government increased the estimated number of victims to 354… it was at this point that they ceased allowing any hostages to use the bathrooms. No one was given so much as another sip of water.”

The number 354 was reported by the media in the morning of September 2nd, after the statement was made by Dzasokhov’s press secretary, Lev Dzugaev, not during Day One as stated by Giduck.

Numerous sources are linked to this Wikipedia Article.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 128: “The terrorists also demanded that a negotiation team be put together for them, comprised of North Ossetian President Aleksandr Dzasokhov, Ingusheti President Murat Zyazikov, and former Ingush President Ruslan Aushev.”

This is the note that listed the members of negotiation team requested by the terrorists. The note is addressed later:

“89287383374 Мы требуем на переговоры президента Респ. Дзасохова, Зязикова презид. Ингушетии Рашайло дет. врача. Если убьют любого из нас, растреляем 50 человек, если ранят любого из нас убём 20 чел, Если убют из нас 5 человек мы все взорвем. Если отключ свет, связь на минуту, мы растреляем 10 человек. “

“89287383374 8-928-738-33-374 We request the republic's president Dzasokhov, the president of Ingushetia Ziazikov, the children's doctor Rashailo for negotiations. If anyone of us is killed, we'll shoot 50 people. If anyone of us is wounded, we'll kill 20 people. If 5 of us are killed, we'll blow up everything. If the light, communication are cut off for a minute, we'll shoot 10 people.”

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 128: “One intelligence officer said that it was his belief Raschal had come of his own volition, and “some government official thought that it might be a good idea to let him stay.”

Please see the text of the note above. Hostage Mamitova, who carried the note from the terrorists, made a mistake between Roshal, a well-known Russian pediatrician who facilitated Nord-Ost negotiations, and Rushailo, Secretary of the Russian Security Council. Instead of a substantiated with evidence fact, we have “one intelligence officer” repeating something said by “some government official.” The photo of the note is attached as well.

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 129: “According to reports, he {Putin} immediately dispatched Russian FSB Director Nicolai Patrushev and Interior Minister Rashid Nurgalieyev to Beslan to assume operational command and control of the siege. However, no one remembers ever seeing either of them in Beslan at any time during the crisis…”

Not according to independent (=anti-government) source Pravda Beslana, Guardian, and other sources quoted by this Wikipedia article).

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 130: “By 5:00 p.m. on Day One news reporters were saying that the terror leader sent out a note with a single released hostage. The note {from terrorists} was further reported to have said that 50 hostages would be executed for every single one of them killed, and 20 for each of them wounded. No note was sent, and certainly no hostage released.”

The photo of the note is available here. The note was sent through hostage Mamitova. The note was written by the hostage herself as instructed by the terrorists. The full text of the note is here:

“89287383374 Мы требуем на переговоры президента Респ. Дзасохова, Зязикова презид. Ингушетии Рашайло дет. врача. Если убьют любого из нас, растреляем 50 человек, если ранят любого из нас убём 20 чел, Если убют из нас 5 человек мы все взорвем. Если отключ свет, связь на минуту, мы растреляем 10 человек. “

“89287383374 We demand President of the Republic Dzasokhov, Zyazikov, the President of Ingushetia, Rashailo, the pediatrician, for negotiations.{There must have been misunderstanding here between the terrorists and Mamitova, as she thought that they were referring to Roshal, a well-known pediatrician who had spearheaded the negotiations during the Nord-Ost siege}. If any of us is killed, we will shoot 50 people; if any of us is wounded, we will kill 20 people. If 5 of us gets killed, we’ll blow everything up. If the lights, communications are turned off for a minute, we will shoot 10 people.”

Terror at Beslan by John Giduck, p. 133: “By the end of the very first day, six more males were shot to death on the second floor…When dawn’s early light touched that distant yard, 21 twisted, mostly naked bodies – school employees, teachers, fathers and students – were heaped in a pile under that window.”

Where did number 21 come from? According to Giduck himself, there were eighteen male hostages killed in the morning and then six later at night. Sure, not all bodies could have been thrown out of the building, but I would love to know the precise source that states that precisely 21 bodies were under that window by early morning of Day 2. Giduck could not have counted the bodies as they were thrown out of the window because he wasn’t at Beslan just yet, so who did the count?

To be continued....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17.jpg (20.1 KB, 357 views)
Old 16 April 2012, 13:16
Been That, **** *****

GWAG, I wish you would stop confusing things by pointing out facts…….
Old 16 April 2012, 14:06
Been There Done That

Now we have two known truths about Mr John Giduck:

He has a law degree.

Now we know why he was "banned from Russia" (his words).

Give up Mr John Giduck.
Old 16 April 2012, 19:28
RIP SOTB, Cass, Hognose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Now we have two known truths about Mr John Giduck:

He has a law degree.

Now we know why he was "banned from Russia" (his words).

Give up Mr John Giduck.
I can't help but think that it's something other than sheer coincidence that he has a law license in a state where the bar association cannot initiate an investigation/disciplinary proceeding against their own members.........

"Let us return to old times and that will be progress." - Verdi

"We are giants put on this Earth to rid it of evil and to keep all that is good." - Jack Horne
Old 16 April 2012, 19:32
Migratory Coconut

What is the point of the bar association in Colorado then? I thought that was part of the reason for having a bar association.

"I may go to hell for it, but recess will be legendary!"- Longrifle
Old 16 April 2012, 20:20
Rest In Peace

To address a couple of points made above:

jtk317: the bar association is to protect the lawyers from the public, and from competition. That's true of any bar assoc. Next question?

GWAG: re: "SVD machine gun." The SVD is a sniper rifle, stands for semi-automatic (samo-whatsis) rifle (vintovka) Dragunova (designed by a team led by one Dragunov). Actually more nearly what we'd call a designated marksman rifle here, in keeping with Soviet/Russian sniper doctrine. But what do I know? Andy Anderson says that JG is a much greater weapons instructor.

Anyway, SVD's were present, at a glance at the pictures. The fashion plate in this picture who is rockin' the Adidas and four different camouflage patterns has one. This guy who was clearly nearer the front of the uniform line, and this one who missed uniforms entirely, appear to have a civilianized version. A similar weapon the "Tigr" was (is?) available in the USA on the civilian market, but has a distinctly shorter barrel.

Finally, I was reminded of something that I always say and keep in mind. With phonies, it's never just one thing -- military claims, martial arts claims, parachute and scuba claims, fake diplomas (or associating with fake diploma merchants) -- those are gateways, threshold crimes for a life of fraud. Or worse. The reminder came in the reports on the trial of Anders Brevik in Norway.

Brevik is now in the news, of course, for cold-blooded mass murder. But not long ago he was selling bogus diplomas on the internet, according to prosecutor Svein Holden. Brevik's fake-degree business, his too-rich fantasy life and his imaginary organizations were all signposts on his path to mental or moral decline, and murder was the end result.

With Giduck, you have a business that doesn't hold up to scrutiny, a rich fantasy life, and imaginary organizations (his martial arts hall of fame for one). Not saying he's Brevik, at least not yet. Brevik was on the earlier train and, so far at least, has ridden it quite a few stops further. But it's a difference of degree, not kind.
Old 16 April 2012, 20:59
Been There Done That

Unless I am missing something Giduck is not an active member of the Colorado Bar. He is not listed on their site as either active or inactive. Nothing.
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules