SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > The Lounge

Old 4 June 2019, 16:29
Confirmed User

Wonder how much of his rebuttal and testimony did not match and did not match the evidence.

PDF of his written rebuttal. He loves the phrase "real time intelligence".
http://www.trbas.com/media/media/acr...0-02104913.pdf

Timeline as provided by Sun Sentinel
https://projects.sun-sentinel.com/20...tical-moments/

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by morelocks; 4 June 2019 at 16:43. Reason: Additional information
Old 4 June 2019, 17:18
Red Headed Stepchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
Wonder how much of his rebuttal and testimony did not match and did not match the evidence.

PDF of his written rebuttal. He loves the phrase "real time intelligence".
http://www.trbas.com/media/media/acr...0-02104913.pdf

If I was looking at potentially doing some time, I might have someone proofread my rebuttal before I submitted it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inigo-Montoya1 copy.jpg (77.5 KB, 208 views)
Old 4 June 2019, 18:15
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Please post the background (including medical) of this douche, when/if it becomes known. Glad it turned out well.
Best I have been able to learn is some autistic behavior.

“Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
Old 4 June 2019, 20:20
Authorized Personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by litepath View Post
"Peterson has been booked into the Broward Main Jail on 11 criminal charges, including child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury.
That’s a hell of a moniker he has... “Coward of Broward”

Don’t ever see him living that down.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots
Old 4 June 2019, 20:50
Road Scum

Quote:
"Peterson has been booked into the Broward Main Jail on 11 criminal charges, including child neglect, culpable negligence and perjury.

Peterson’s arrest comes after a 15-month investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Broward State Attorney’s Office."

Someone here said that FDLE would do their duty on this.

It's a solid start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69A5562C-0157-481C-B97E-8B8CF6773B58.jpg (24.1 KB, 168 views)

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 4 June 2019, 20:57
I reckon so. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thvet View Post
That’s a hell of a moniker he has... “Coward of Broward”

Don’t ever see him living that down.
And well earned. May he live to enjoy it's finer audio elements.

. . .or a shiv.
Old 4 June 2019, 21:33
Sound off for equipment check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
It appears to me a wholesale housecleaning needs to be done at the BCSO and at that school system. That is a lot worse than I thought possible. I cannot understand how teachers would fail to initiate lockdown procedures on their own at the first sound of gunfire. Even if a fire alarm goes off (which it did), a class should remain locked in with lights off.

The shootings were horrific enough, but the unfathomably irresponsible behavior of LEOs and school staff with radios is unforgivable. I hope the Governor has appointed a committee of experts to investigate this event and make sound recommendations to prevent anything like this from ever happening again. I also hope any plan begins with keeping a gun from entering the school, and it should also include a method of identifying and engaging students potentially capable of doing something like this.

These kids and their families were let down by those in positions of trust. What a shameful thing to have to admit.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ~Patrick Henry

"Sēlre bið æghwæm þæt hē his frēond wrece, þonne hē fela murne." ~Bēowulf, bearn Ecgþēowes
Old 4 June 2019, 21:39
Freelancer

Exclamation

Quote:
And well earned. May he live to enjoy it's finer audio elements.

. . .or a shiv.
I give him a week before he strings up.
Old 4 June 2019, 21:41
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
I have never heard any cops protecting this guy. I’m sure they are out there but I haven’t heard it. Most cops despise this guy.
Old 4 June 2019, 21:45
Living The Grunt Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
I have never heard any cops protecting this guy. I’m sure they are out there but I haven’t heard it. Most cops despise this guy.
You are missing his point....
Old 4 June 2019, 22:20
Road Scum

Quote:
Exactly..... this is pointing to the constant accusation that cops don’t arrest cops.

" a world class ass-clown who is running this jack-assery version of laser tag" USMC_ANGLICO
Old 5 June 2019, 02:07
Oppressor of the people

Quote:
I have. The last two active shooter/active threat classes I've taught we had a few. The standard reasoning they give is "He didn't have the proper training.", or "It would have violated his agency's policy.", to which I told them was the biggest crock of BS I'd ever heard. You had unarmed students and teachers trying to stop the shooter, while an armed Deputy, wearing body armor, stood outside and did nothing. It disgusts me.
Old 5 June 2019, 03:34
justauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I give him a week before he strings up.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 5 June 2019, 05:35
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsumner View Post
I have. The last two active shooter/active threat classes I've taught we had a few. The standard reasoning they give is "He didn't have the proper training.", or "It would have violated his agency's policy.", to which I told them was the biggest crock of BS I'd ever heard. You had unarmed students and teachers trying to stop the shooter, while an armed Deputy, wearing body armor, stood outside and did nothing. It disgusts me.
Hope they were made to feel fucking stupid for those comments.

Old 5 June 2019, 06:33
Been There Done That

You are a good man, a good LE Officer, a Honorable man Whitebean.
Old 5 June 2019, 07:37
Road Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
You are a good man, a good LE Officer, a Honorable man Whitebean.
I’ll take that as a compliment. I can’t really tell if your being sarcastic.

Old 5 June 2019, 07:41

[QUOTE=Longrifle;1058798082

I also hope any plan begins with keeping a gun from entering the school, and it should also include a method of identifying and engaging students potentially capable of doing something like this.[/QUOTE]

Yep maybe, just maybe if we start holding people accountable, there might be progress made in the right direction.

I mean when was the last time you saw a weapon enter a school or any other building or institution and begin discharging rounds on its own?
Old 5 June 2019, 07:47
Confirmed User

Question for LE guys and I am absolutely not intending this to start any officer bashing or absolution of Peterson. If he is culpable of negligence, then what is the culpability of those officers who also didn't engage. Was not it the policy of the SO not to engage or 'may' engage? I don't have any sympathy for what is about to befall Peterson but it seems like some others should 'swing' with him or is it the fact that his position/duties as a SRO demanded action on his part. Additionally, if the SO policy is to not actively engage does this not provide him with a defense to the charges?
Old 5 June 2019, 07:57
BTDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebean54 View Post
"But the thin blue line..."

Lets not get too carried away - if that was a methadone clinic in the hood, we'd all be going "Scott who?" On the flip side, broad brushing every single incident as a "no punishment will occur" is also loopy.
Old 5 June 2019, 08:13
Authorized Personnel

Other than the perjury, which is in itself bad enough, what are the chances he will not see trial for of neglect of a child or three counts of culpable negligence. I know there is a reason they charged him the way they did but the US Supreme Court has ruled that LEOs are under no obligation to protect civilians (or words to those affect) ...Is the child neglect charges just a way to get public outcry against Peterson.

Please don’t get me wrong... I think the dude is a fat tub of lard and should live the long life of the coward and be ridiculed everywhere he goes.

America...a country founded by geniuses but managed by idiots

Our new posting rules