SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > General Topics > Book Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 21 December 2011, 00:20
Confirmed User

I see this is an old thread.

I have read the book and attended Giduck's class.

I would be interested in any material that you can provide me, or direction you can point me in, that would show his material is not accurate. This book/situation is often referred to, and I would like to know the truth.

Thanks.
Old 21 December 2011, 21:21
Rocket Surgeon

Taw,
For starters, the posted article link in this thread raises questions about Gidduck's assertions about mass rape at Beslan or his affiliations with Russian units that he claims. A search of his name on this board will bring up some longer threads as well.

"Butch up, prom queen"
-Wench
Old 21 December 2011, 22:02
Russian Tycoon

TawS7,

I am not in the position to professionally comment on Mr. Giduck's credentials as a counterterrorism expert. I am, however, comfortable commenting on the accuracy of the events as represented by Terror in Beslan.

I followed Beslan's events reported by all flavors of Russian media (both independent and government owned). I read the criminal case № 20/849 opened by General Attorney's office to investigate this terrorist act as well as several independent investigations. Also I familiarized myself with a number of Russian forums similar to SOCNET as far as membership and content go. I am yet to see one verifiable evidence of rapes at Beslan school.

If mass rapes did, in fact, take place, the Russian official MSM would be all over themG. Putin would make one of his signature statements. The Attorney General would comment. The truth seeking journalists from independent news sources would write about it. I did not see any reports of rape in 2004 and I am unable to find any solid sources now.

To maintain the integrity of my account, I have to state that most Russian reviews of Giduck's book were overall positive (as in "A" for effort) yet all of them mention that he modified or exaggerated some of the events.

I can post links to all the sources mentioned above if you'd like, as long as you don't mind them being in Russian.

Last edited by GirlwithaGlock; 21 December 2011 at 22:06. Reason: Grammar
Old 24 December 2011, 16:51
Confirmed User

VERY interesting. Thanks.

I'm disappointed (but I guess not that surprised) that the book and courses offered are bogus- and if they are THAT exaggerated (he harps on the rapes and other abuses a lot during the class) then they are bogus, even if some of what he says is true.

To me, he's just a different version of a poser then. Sad.

Thanks for the info.

Girl- HAHA! Thanks for the offer but the whole Russian language part will be difficult for me to overcome.
Old 4 February 2012, 21:56
Administrator

More info about John Giduck.

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=107621
Closed Thread

Our new posting rules