View Single Post
Old 16 May 2016, 11:05
RIP SOTB

Crossing the Bar...

I was taken back by the news when I read Silverbullet's post last night. It sucked the wind out of my sails and found myself at a loss for words. So, I signed off and reflected on the SOTB persona that I had come to know over the 11 years I've been a SOCNET guest. Andy (if I may) through the years triggered laughter, thought, introspection and the occasional rolling of the eyes. Although I didn't always share his views or conclusions, I respected them.

Andy, I shall miss your light in this virtual world. Earth is a lesser place without you and the heavens all the brighter. I hope when you left this world you were held with love and at peace with the journey ahead. Prayers for the loved ones you leave behind, until joined again in the next life.

I will hold to the words of Tennyson to fight back my sadness as I imagine you crossing the bar and "seeing your pilot face-to-face".

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

As said by Bullwyf (13th Warrior), " a man might be thought wealthy if someone were to draw the story of his deeds, that they may be remembered."

You were a wealthy man and will be well remembered. Laura