SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET: The Special Operations Community Network > U.S. Naval Special Warfare > Navy SEALs

Old 12 June 2019, 10:34
Been There Done That

Hazing my fat ass. I hope those fools get on the sex registry for conspiring to commit to sexual assault. Even if it was a guard and whomever...

This is so wrong on so many levels...
Old 25 July 2019, 05:52
BTDT

The hits just keep on coming - Dept. of the Navy better clean house soon - or it's going to be an all Army/Air Force command soon.
Old 25 July 2019, 10:25
Confirmed User

Then there is this.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/24/polit...ome/index.html
Old 25 July 2019, 11:54
Been There Done That

Who doesn’t drink alcohol while deployed? I’m sure there is more to that part of the story.

People get kicked out of the military, and even NSW all the time for drugs. I really don’t know why this is newsworthy.
Old 25 July 2019, 11:57
Fan ar an gcosán

"...for drinking alcohol while deployed" - I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time U.S. forces drank alcohol on deployment, particularly in their down time. As long as it hasn't impacted their performance I don't see the issue. Political influence because they are in a Muslim nation?
Old 25 July 2019, 12:14
Old and Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc P View Post
"...for drinking alcohol while deployed" - I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time U.S. forces drank alcohol on deployment, particularly in their down time. As long as it hasn't impacted their performance I don't see the issue. Political influence because they are in a Muslim nation?
Drinking while deployed is a great cover story.
Old 25 July 2019, 12:56
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by havok88 View Post
Who doesn’t drink alcohol while deployed? I’m sure there is more to that part of the story.
x 3.14. Drinking while downrange is not news...
Old 25 July 2019, 14:33
Been There Done That

I guess this means (cue the tune) The Boys Are Back In Town?
Old 25 July 2019, 17:23
Been There Done That

A whole platoon sent home. That is a little more serious.
Old 25 July 2019, 17:31
Skandalon

It's time to bring our troops home now. There are a lot of honorable warriors over there, but it's getting to the point where people are getting silly now and simply need to come home and get things straight.
Old 25 July 2019, 18:26
Been There Done That

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
That is a little more serious.
Probably a little more serious than the Team CO seeing a few empty booze bottles at the Platoons FOB.
Old 25 July 2019, 19:10
Been There Done That

Marines: "GO1?? Sheeeeeet, hold my beer and watch this shit!"

https://taskandpurpose.com/mass-arre...LsgFxUeWqUchzg
Old 25 July 2019, 19:12
Confirmed User

I’m going to go out on a short limb and say there are other reasons why the team 7 dudes were sent home. The booze is just an excuse. I have been on a lot of FOB’s, COP’s, and A couple Star Wars Bar Scenes Over the past 7 years of war, and not a single one of them was really dry.

Either these guys were extraordinarily unlucky and got caught by. Dudley Doright, passing a few bottles of Fireball or Evan Williams around the 4th of July campfire, or they pissed off COC some other way.

The real answer is that, for young go-getters like our 20-24 y/o SOF bubbas, there isn’t enough shit to do on deployment to keep their attention focused on killing, blowing stuff up, ghosting Jabronis, and creating generalized mayhem, and they get in trouble doing stupid shit like getting shitfaced in front of the well-pressed crowd.

The OP tempo is too fucking slow, and it has been like this for 5 or more years, and we have too many hardcore dudes too far away from a structured environment, sitting around “in case shit” happens, and getting their CONOPs shot down because the risk profile is unfavorable.

The kind of mentality it takes to be good at what they do isn’t necessarily the best mentality for staying out of trouble. The military can’t have it both ways; choirboys rarely kill efficiently.
V/R,
Danny
Old 26 July 2019, 03:23
BTDT

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/us/navy-seal-platoon-withdrawn-iraq.html

Fourth of July party with alcohol, female attachment claims she was raped by the SEA, and when the investigators showed up every single SEAL invoked their fifth amendment right. ADM Greene and/or the in country SOF commander said "fuck it" and yanked em.
Old 26 July 2019, 12:40
Drawing my cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
A whole platoon sent home. That is a little more serious.
Support package too or just the platoon?

I refuse to participate.

The Oatmeal
Quote:
...it could be raining pu$$y and troops will complain and blame the leadership for not providing an equal ration of a$$holes

Billy L-Bach
Quote:
In Special Forces we had a saying: "Work hard in silence, let your success do the talking."

Tracy
Old 26 July 2019, 14:38
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesie View Post
The real answer is that, for young go-getters like our 20-24 y/o SOF bubbas, there isn’t enough shit to do on deployment to keep their attention focused on killing, blowing stuff up, ghosting Jabronis, and creating generalized mayhem, and they get in trouble doing stupid shit like getting shitfaced in front of the well-pressed crowd.

The OP tempo is too fucking slow, and it has been like this for 5 or more years, and we have too many hardcore dudes too far away from a structured environment, sitting around “in case shit” happens, and getting their CONOPs shot down because the risk profile is unfavorable.

V/R,
Danny
The optempo has been slow before, especially pre-9/11. A platoon taking the 5th over a tape claim is no bueno. The booze is a sideshow; the sexual assault and clamming up is the main attraction.
Old 26 July 2019, 14:50
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildoc View Post

The optempo has been slow before, especially pre-9/11. A platoon taking the 5th over a tape claim is no bueno. The booze is a sideshow; the sexual assault and clamming up is the main attraction.
I agree completely. It was always going to be something more to the story than just boyz out drinking a few.

As far as the op-tempo is concerned, sure it was slow pre-9/11, but most of our troops were stateside, where the structured environment of garrison is more likely to keep them in check. My point was that these guys are overseas, in a far-less supervised environment, with very little to do. For hard charging young bucks, it is a recipe for trouble.

Hell, I'm 47 years old and a reasonably-respectable member of society, and I have done some incredibly stupid shit overseas on deployment. Because it was fun, we were bored, and no adults were around to tell us not to. And I'm not reminiscing on my youth either. Some of my "best" stories occurred when I was 46. lol.

But ... none of the fun we had was at the expense of non-participants. Getting drunk and raping someone is, as you said, no fucking bueno. The whole platoon going omerta is just as bad.

V/R,
Danny
Old 26 July 2019, 14:55
Administrator

Let's keep the conversation on the facts as they're known without the speculative conversation added in.
Old 26 July 2019, 21:17
Been There Done That

And another few black eyes for the community. Sad to see this.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seal-team...de-pics-report
Old 28 July 2019, 08:30
In Vino Veritas

Is this what’s referred to as, “the new normal”?

Our new posting rules