SOCNET

Go Back   SOCNET - The Special Operations Community Network > Legacy > Members Who Gave All

Old 17 May 2016, 08:36

Damn dust in here right now.
Shocked and saddened.
Just read all the previous posts celebrating his life and am now sitting in my office with tears streaming down my face. Some may find that strange to shed tears for a man I have never met in person, and simply knew on an internet site. But, I always felt he was a good man. Sometimes we agreed sometimes we disagreed, but through it all, he was professional and a class act. The world and this site are a bleaker place today.

RIP Warrior

Last edited by billdawg24; 17 May 2016 at 08:55.
Old 17 May 2016, 15:40
On the Extract Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdawg24 View Post
Damn dust in here right now.
Shocked and saddened.
Just read all the previous posts celebrating his life and am now sitting in my office with tears streaming down my face. Some may find that strange to shed tears for a man I have never met in person, and simply knew on an internet site. But, I always felt he was a good man. Sometimes we agreed sometimes we disagreed, but through it all, he was professional and a class act. The world and this site are a bleaker place today.

RIP Warrior
Bill - you were not crying alone. Yeah, that might make us a little lame, but IDGAF.
Old 17 May 2016, 15:45
Life is simple, not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
Bill - you were not crying alone. Yeah, that might make us a little lame, but IDGAF.
I was headed home Sunday morning at 11:00 am when I read SB's post, and I can admit I cried. For his daughter as well as the thought that he was gone. Never PM'd him, never had one bit of contact with SOTB. I guess that is the effect SOTB had on many people here. 13 years of reading this guy had a lasting effect on me.

Chaplain: "God moves in mysterious ways...", but ... well.... uhh... welcome aboard!

Our new posting rules